ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent knocking on full lock?

BMW E36 328i Sport
When doing 3 point turns or on full lock at slow speeds my car makes a knocking noise, it also judders. I was thinking cv joint problems but they seem ok, is this the dreaded top mount knocking? do I need new mounts or just the washers that people have used.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Track rod ends look fine, adjusted the tracking the other day. Ball joints are ok as well. The car seems to pull all over the road, kind of feels like the steering sticks in the direction you turn it instead of coming back to centre.

Are yoyu ssure the tracking ojn?

Might be worth swopping tyres side to side see if it pulls the other way

Clio 197
Track rod ends look fine, adjusted the tracking the other day. Ball joints are ok as well. The car seems to pull all over the road, kind of feels like the steering sticks in the direction you turn it instead of coming back to centre.

Did you check for play by jacking up and checking or visually check ? I would say track rods are likely

Skoda fabia Vrs
I'm getting the same kind of thing. Noise on full lock. Pulls left.

Looked at the strut top mount on drivers side n it's well gone!

I'll upload a pic later

BMW E36 328i Sport
Let my college tutor have a shot of my car today, firstly he thought it was a ball joint but we checked them and their fine. Then we noticed some play in the drivers side wheel, think it the bearing. Next step was top mounts as I'd told him they were a common problem on the clios, there was some play then we ran out of time to take a strut out to check the top mounts further.