ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior lighting wiring question

I'm putting some rear lighting in my car using leds, jumping off the main interior light circuit. However.

How do I go about adding a constant live in, so like the main light, I can have it on a switch as well as when the doors open, it's unlocked etc.

BG182 FF
Hard to explain I'll get a pic for you tomorrow of mine. Does your light have the map light?

BG182 FF
Basically the positive wire goes on one side of the metal where the bulb is held in place and the negative on the opposite side. If you have the map light version you can trap the wires in the little plastic 501 bulb holders and twist lock them as normal, holding the wire in place.

hard to explain so hope you understand what I mean :)

Basically the positive wire goes on one side of the metal where the bulb is held in place and the negative on the opposite side. If you have the map light version you can trap the wires in the little plastic 501 bulb holders and twist lock them as normal, holding the wire in place.

hard to explain so hope you understand what I mean :)

Ah do you mean like wiring up to the existing main light? Yeah I've already done that but was wondering if I could run a separate switch, for the rear lights. Although I suppose I could just flick the main light on whenever I wanted the rear ones on. Hopefully that makes sense!

BG182 FF
tbh for my footwell leds, i bought a switch for like £1.50 and fitted it to the small panel which pops out where the light adjustment is. I then earthed it from a bolt behind this and ran a cable under the plastics to the cigarette lighter to crimp into that to access power to the switch. The last wire ran from the led strips to the switch. Ive also done this with my gf ka.

Maybe you could do this with your light, just run a cable to the back of the car under the side panels running along the floor. My sub wires run under the,m so it is accessible.

Hope this makes sense.

BG182 FF
Just been out to grab some pics for you... Hope there of some use...

SWITCH
13408040175_92552da704_c.jpg

IMG_0125 by Reed Hopewell, on Flickr

EARTHED
13408155213_0ebcf0cb44_c.jpg

IMG_0127 by Reed Hopewell, on Flickr

WIRE UNDER SIDE PLASTICS
13408391554_d6018699a5_c.jpg

IMG_0128 by Reed Hopewell, on Flickr

Obviously you wouldn't have large cables running down the side for a light so it wouldn't be that big.

Sorry, I've just spotted this thread - How are you going about getting light into the back? What's the plan? :) I've done footwell LEDs but I always think that the back could use a little extra light!

I just jumped into the wiring of the normal interior light, and ran it through the headline, under the trims into the back. The lights sit in the trim, above the rear quarter windows.