ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interesting ethnic minority clio..

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
I know it’s not a factory ethnic minority but I spotted this today, asbo orange 197 ..

170FB0D8-505A-43B1-9B33-22C915CF7426.jpeg
3786A14B-280C-4121-9750-CEC844928384.jpeg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Which spoiler is it missing? A bit of a lip (if that exists) or the cup bolt on spoiler?

The wheels are too big, blacked out badge, wheels (and probably other things) and the spacers make it look like a mario kart, not in a good way. Colour looks cool though.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
@Alistair14 - you’re representing the club here so need to start behaving.

Please look in your staff rulebook, section 8 (just past the “Tips on getting members to send nudes” section) and re-educate yourself on the rules set out about stereotyping certain cars, being homophobic etc etc.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
So you're gender prejudice as well as a racist?
Right more points coming your way after I report you, you despicable monster!!!

No I’m not! I thought I did everything right to include everyone and do a good, I’m sorry!
@Alistair14 - you’re representing the club here so need to start behaving.

Please look in your staff rulebook, section 8 (just past the “Tips on getting members to send nudes” section) and re-educate yourself on the rules set out about stereotyping certain cars, being homophobic etc etc.

I’ve read it and I’ll try to get people to send nudes, I’m usually good at sending and not receiving.

Does that include sending pics of my paint fluid car?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
@Alistair14 I'm not sure you can describe the gender fluid object in question as a 'car' it might associate itself as a 'van' or other vehicle.

Very narrow minded of you.

CS has really gone off the rails......"back in my day"

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can't say coloured anymore, they don't like that term.

Joking aside, my mother is half Indian. She bought me up to say coloured people and that was coming from a woman who described herself as coffee coloured!

Seems strange how 20 years ago nobody cared, no matter who said it, but now it's all changed. I still say coloured because that's how I was raised and I don't think I can be slammed as racist, considering my family background. Odd times of today.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had to train myself to stop saying halfcast, as that was the term everyone used when I was growing up in the 80's, it wasn't seen as racist it was just the term used to describe someone of mixed race, even by my teachers.

TRH_Racing

ClioSport Area Rep
I had to train myself to stop saying halfcast, as that was the term everyone used when I was growing up in the 80's, it wasn't seen as racist it was just the term used to describe someone of mixed race, even by my teachers.

The term halfcast not used anymore? I remember it being everywhere when I was at school, be it 10 years ago

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
A mate of mine who is mixed race pulled me up on it, it basically means half done.
It comes from the term half-caste which comes from the Latin castus meaning pure, so half-caste = impure.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That actually looks good in orange, better than the new Meg.

Funny how I now associate "ethnic minority" with white people. That McDonald's advert is the perfect example.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Joking aside, my mother is half Indian. She bought me up to say coloured people and that was coming from a woman who described herself as coffee coloured!

Seems strange how 20 years ago nobody cared, no matter who said it, but now it's all changed. I still say coloured because that's how I was raised and I don't think I can be slammed as racist, considering my family background. Odd times of today.

I've definitely heard fanatic liberals using the term "people/person of colour". I guess one could describe "coloured people" as being more of a label though.