ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

Re: Insurance. Fookers! (young 172/182 owners look in)

Its cheaper for me to buy and insure a 1.6 205 gti than to have the clio :(

fiesta 1.25

Did an online one started mods and its even more at 3100

worth ringing them up even after this?

Monaco 172

would never bother with fully com tbh, complete waste of moneh

Storm Grey 200

flol, brentacre are legends, Its so nice to be talking to someone who knows what mods mean what.

"dont bin it in the first week..."

lol

Titanium 182

flol, brentacre are legends, Its so nice to be talking to someone who knows what mods mean what.

"dont bin it in the first week..."

lol

+1
and pretty good prices.

£2100 for a 197 - pretty steep but no bad for a 19 YO with 2yncb.

Storm Grey 200

+1
and pretty good prices.

£2100 for a 197 - pretty steep but no bad for a 19 YO with 2yncb.

aye not bad, its just so good about no admin fee's or anything for mods. As thats the one thing that really rapes you tbh

PH-QUICK

Insured my W reg ph1 172 with elephant for £1370

19 years
1 NCB
good postcode
but with a MASSIVE excess

was actually cheaper having a huge excess and fully comp than going TPFT.
Also their online quotes for me were very erratic, sometimes £400 different with pretty much the same info, so worth seeing if you can tweak it.

2001 172

£1400 (and probably a near identical XS) still sounds liuke it costs the earth. Amazes me why younger drivers are persisstent with owbning high powered cars. Still, if you are happyto pay it then why not

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

£1400 (and probably a near identical XS) still sounds liuke it costs the earth. Amazes me why younger drivers are persisstent with owbning high powered cars. Still, if you are happyto pay it then why not
High powered cars :S its a clio not a ferrari. They aren't even that fast. All my mates that have just passed are paying around 2k tpft on their 1.2's.

If you were our age and had just passed your test you may realise the prices are good/realistic. Time have changed since you passed your test.

2001 172

yes, its not a Ferrari, but it is nhigh powered, its group 16???

Good/realistic prices is dependant on your point of view/situations, bu whichever way you look at it, its alot of sterling, and they reason they charge is lack of experience. each to their own

PH-QUICK

Did you ring elephant up?

Yup, i had a policy with them for my 1.2 which i was about 2 months into, but they wanted £700 more for the rest of the year, which would have been like £1800 for the year. so i cancelled that policy and used an internet quote on the phone which they honoued, means i lose 2 months NCB time, but for over £400 thats an easy choice.

oh yea they are reasonable price for mods as well, but do charge an admin fee for each change you make to the policy.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster

4yrs ncb
£900 fully comp
Admiral

BOOOYAARRRRR i think is the phrase :D

Arctic Just A 182

£360 off Direct Line but that's before I've mentioned any mods. God only knows what kind of hit I'll take when I tell them (not that there's much to tell them, just cup-packs and non-standard wheels/ exhaust).

Arctic Just A 182

*!#$%

J H Christ... because I've been on my mother's insurance as a named driver for more than three years, I've lost all my own NCB that I'd built up (three years). Now it seems Direct Line have only been doing the named driver bonus for two years so BOOM, all I've got is two years as a named driver. Cheapest quote I can get is £530 off Direct Line themselves... according to Confused.com the cheapest anyone else will offer is over a grand.

To say I'm not happy is a slight understatement.

Arctic Just A 182

I'm a bit happier now. I've decided to go with Admiral insurance. Even though I've now got zero no claims, I can get insured on the 182 - with the modifications declared - for £600 and that's with a £150 excess instead of Direct Line's staggering £350. They also do bonus accelerator.

fiesta 1.25

How does confused.com work?

When i put my age as 20 my postcode wa4 2as comes out £500 more than wa4 2ag and when i put my age as 21 my postcode comes out £200 cheaper than wa4 2af.

Im confused.com

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos

J H Christ... because I've been on my mother's insurance as a named driver for more than three years, I've lost all my own NCB that I'd built up (three years). Now it seems Direct Line have only been doing the named driver bonus for two years so BOOM, all I've got is two years as a named driver.

Somethings off - I called them today & used my wife's NCB she's accrued on my policy for the last 5yrs & that's the NCB they applied.

Mini Clubman

try direct line! im 21 with a clio 182 both cup packs, my insurance cost £900 with 0 cliams discount. fully comp on my own insurance policy. never had an accident or any speeding tickets, however i did get done for driving in a bus lane (cost me a £120). my 1st and 2nd car was on my dads insurance and my 3rd and 4th car was covered by company insurance.

I dont know if they look at what cars u have had in the past but heres the list of cars i had:

1st: Renault clio 1.4 rt
2nd: MG ZR 105
3rd: Pug 207
4th: BMW 118d M Sport (sadly had to go due to being made redundant at work)
5th: clio 182 both cup packs.

what is every1 else paying?

Tom

421 Cammed 172

£1000

With Directline

1 or 2 Yrs NCB Can't remember.

£750 Excess I think though!

UR R26

1 years 10months - 2.4k

2 years 0 months - 1.4k

theres the difference.

based on admiral.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197

21 + 2years NCB + 2 bumps 1 fault 1 not = £1200 +300excess AdFlux for moded 1.4 with 2.0 172 engine, covers all mods like for like and even brake down cover :):)

Should add, owning a car for longer reduces your insurance loads

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172

I was 24 a week ago, the insurance for my 172 i pick up tomorrow is £480 with a £250 voluntary excess.

More expensive than my astra turbo with 260 bhp, that cost me £360 a year through chris knott. Through highway though who adrian flux use.

I think because i'd swapped the engine after owning the car a couple of years that the insurance was cheaper. Or they ****** up and i got it too cheap!!

200 Gordini

The only quote worth mentioning is the one i paid which was £2700 (iirc.)

The rest were 5k up

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Everyone moaning about paying loads for insurance etc at a young age and you& benp pay all that so.

Good lad - commitment!

Clio Sport 172 ( phase 2)

Hi there my friend try virgin m8 I found them the cheapest, but u must have held ur license for over 1 year. Hope this is some help to u dude.

MK2 PH2 172 cup

insurance companies sure do sting young drivers:dapprove: im getting old now but still young at heart lol, 44 and my172 cup costs £360 with Adrian flux but my friend whose a year younger less no claims and not the best of post code areas just insured his at a cost of £319 so worth shopping around
cheaper insurance, one of the only comforts that come with age lol

Audi S1

I hate when people moan that they pay less than £400 for insurance!... Think of the young drivers who have to pay s**t loads (parents not helping out)

330Ci M Sport

just had my renewal through from NU/Aviva...obv not a clio, but £850 odd on a 2.2 Mondeo St Tdci, 21, 4 years NCD fully comp on own policy, no added drivers....not too bad i feel...

phase one clio 172 in blu

Try Brent Acre insurance in Swansea 01792 650933 they insured me when I had my first car, Renault 5 turbo.. modded :) and I keep on going back to them after being let down by elephant / adrian flux etc... their worth a go!

MK2 PH2 172 cup

I hate when people moan that they pay less than £400 for insurance!... Think of the young drivers who have to pay s**t loads (parents not helping out)

im not moaning im quiet happy with my insurance :approve:
i have a daughter whoes 19 with a modified car so know how insurance companies sting young drivers.
i do help my daughter whenever i can, i know some parents dont, and not all can
that being said its not down to the parents,
it makes sense to buy a car if you can afford to keep it on the road, if not buy something you can, if you cant afford to keep a car on the road yourself dont buy one

R26

Well i just got insured on my 182 w/cup packs which im picking up next weekend. I rang up AA who im currently insured with on the Twingo. They quoted me £6250.. So i rang direct line and got insured for 1700! So buzzing, cause i got 6points and im only 20 :) good times!

Just randomly did a quote on a Meggy R26, 22yo, 2yncb came out at £900. Winnah!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

1700 is stupid money to spend on insurance. Don't get carried away in first few weels of ownership else you'll be saying hello to 12 points soon. It's easily done!

R26

1700 is stupid money to spend on insurance. Don't get carried away in first few weels of ownership else you'll be saying hello to 12 points soon. It's easily done!

I know its easily done mate, believe me ive calmed down so much since i got my six point as i had to rest sit my test and everything was a total nightmare. but ive learnt from it now so i guess it was good in a way :)