ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal shocker - Tesco!

Just had my renewal through, Pissed to say the least.

27 year old male, 9 yrs NCB, 53 plate 172, No points or convictions, Limited mileage, fully comp...

£1000!! Up from about £650.

Absolute f*cking madness :mad:

225 Cup & Williams
That's mental I'm paying 100 pound more than you and I'm 20 with 2 years ncb. Insurance is mental.

Just spoke to them, cannot offer an explanation to why its gone up.

I was expecting it to go up a bit but £300?? Naah not buying it..

Looks like im shopping around!

billabong...
everyone's insurance is on the rise, something to do with the insurers keeping their prices lower over the last few years because of the recession and rather than increase gradually they've just wacked it up! my 1.8turbo passat went from £64 a month too £119! needless to say I no longer have it!

How the fvck can they justify a 50% increase tho?

Used to dream of the day i reached 25 and car insurance went down, never happened!

i'm 33 with 6 years no claims, my 182 costs me £375 fully comp with protected no claims. My excess is only £150. I'm with Direct Line

Sometimes your postcode area makes a difference etc etc, but £300 increase is a bit much mate!

Dynamique S TCE
I was insured with admiral last year, renewal came back as ~+£2 per month, (£1600), went and got a quote from elephant, their sister company who were much cheaper than everyone else, 1189! Couldnt work it out, just try as many places as you can! (19 2yrs ncb on a 1.2t :( crap postcode it seems)

LY 172
21, 3 years driving, 1 accident and 9 points. (lost my no claims obviously) Every mod declared on a 1.4 to 172 conversion and i paid £800 for a year with Admiral.

(9 points from the accident)

Admiral multicar is where its at, my renewal quote is £600 and i think im the 5th car on the policy.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mines £495 fully comp, 04 audi a4 sline, 23, 4 years ncb, thats with tesco.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Mine was within £10 of last years quote, and that includes the recent addition of itb's.

27, 5yrs protected ncb, alright ish postcode, all mods covered, £500 with Flux.

Mine was within £10 of last years quote, and that includes the recent addition of itb's.

27, 5yrs protected ncb, alright ish postcode, all mods covered, £500 with Flux.

So basically when they told me everyone's insurance has gone up 30%-40%, that was complete b****cks.