ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another standard arctic blue 182 story...

yours the one with the immaculate headlights? If so I was damn jealous, mine really let my car down!

😂 sounds like mine yes! If you were standing at the club tent, you'd be looking at the back of my car............ it stayed almost immaculately clean all the way there, 150+ miles I think it was and then got covered in dust on the last 100 or so yards driving in. Was not happy, just left it! So yes, if your thinking of dusty rear end and good headlights, it was my arctic!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
😂 sounds like mine yes! If you were standing at the club tent, you'd be looking at the back of my car............ it stayed almost immaculately clean all the way there, 150+ miles I think it was and then got covered in dust on the last 100 or so yards driving in. Was not happy, just left it! So yes, if your thinking of dusty rear end and good headlights, it was my arctic!

Oh definitely you then! Agh that happened to me too, I drove as slowly as possible to avoid kicking any dust up but it still happened. Oh well, hopefully the same doesn't happen at trax! Haha

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
New mats arrived today, the current ones are the 13 year old originals and to be honest, it's only my drivers one which is really all that worn.
I bought these new ones from Renault parts direct, they're a favourite as they're genuine Renault, but a third of the price of Renault sport ones.
Don't see much sense in dropping 60 quid on something I'm going to rub my mucky shoes all over.
Nice way to freshen up the cabin anyway! [emoji1303]
84ad5970d2884015324ab76322a553cc.jpg

Nice mats those, I bought a set for my car when I first bought it last year.............. then sold them this year and bought the Renault Sport set, couldn't hold out any longer 😂

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nice mats those, I bought a set for my car when I first bought it last year.............. then sold them this year and bought the Renault Sport set, couldn't hold out any longer 😂

It is so tempting but I just can't justify it, though I am a sucker for the little silver details! In the interest of full disclosure, I have already taken a razor blade to these brand new ones to fit the old retainers, so re-sale isn't an option now! Haha
a297ae5f258dc08d0f2d3196be036d52.jpg

^halfway through

That's a really good idea! That's half the reason I sold mine, the driver's one kept moving forward and once or twice somehow got between my foot and the accelerator!! Not good, that will save that issue :cool:

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Nice mats. I need new ones, To RPD to get me some!! This looks genuinely nice. I've been on a mission to bring mine back to standard. Was (poorly) moded by Previous owner. Bad induction kit. Scuffed up wheels. Crappy coilovers (and I mean craaaaaapy). Milk caps for breaks and cheap tyres. And it's plasterd in little scratches. Would like to get some pictures up of it now.
This looks really nice though dude.

Last edited:

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nice mats. I need new ones, To RPD to get me some!! This looks genuinely nice. I've been on a mission to bring mine back to standard. Was (poorly) moded by Previous owner. Bad induction kit. Scuffed up wheels. Crappy coilovers (and I mean craaaaaapy). Milk caps for breaks and cheap tyres. And it's plasterd in little scratches. Would like to get some pictures up of it now.
This looks really nice though dude.

Thanks man [emoji5] luckily for you all that stuff is quite nice jobs to do yourself! Sounds like a good base to start with, and a lot of those things you'll probably find for sale on here! I'll keep an eye out for you progress thread [emoji1303]

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Winter time! Done a few little things since the last update, and it's MOT time next week.
Following on from the new centre exhaust hangar, I replaced both rear hangars too, keeping the old ones to shell and potentially fit powerflex to in the future.
7ac46432b8d98c124f0b8a010876770a.jpg

Another small change, I swapped the sidelights from cheap 501s to expensive osram ones, before;
ec9cbfaff0bdcaf278e0f6bf249f0db9.jpg

After;
7b5c8fc11783bbf9c87bd5e141b1a948.jpg

Did origine RS and TRAX this year to sort of finish off my show season for the year. Great to meet folks from here, always made to feel welcome.

4bb7a6838db0136a22eb9f1d60a993cc.jpg

88d1f39cf999a4510e962f0e59993338.jpg

Blessed with good weather at origine RS, shame my photography skills are somewhat lacking but you get the idea.

So that's me up to date, car returns to usual commuting duties over winter, 5 miles a day and 100 every other weekend. Will update with however the MOT goes end of next week.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Winter time! Done a few little things since the last update, and it's MOT time next week.
Following on from the new centre exhaust hangar, I replaced both rear hangars too, keeping the old ones to shell and potentially fit powerflex to in the future.
View attachment 1342167
Another small change, I swapped the sidelights from cheap 501s to expensive osram ones, before;
View attachment 1342168
After;
View attachment 1342169

Did origine RS and TRAX this year to sort of finish off my show season for the year. Great to meet folks from here, always made to feel welcome.

View attachment 1342170

View attachment 1342171
Blessed with good weather at origine RS, shame my photography skills are somewhat lacking but you get the idea.

So that's me up to date, car returns to usual commuting duties over winter, 5 miles a day and 100 every other weekend. Will update with however the MOT goes end of next week.

Passed the MOT with no advisories [emoji1303] tax and insurance due in December, then need to look into cambelt etc being done next year! [emoji15][emoji389]
23de73663fe833ab7470d99786c37c44.jpg

Here's a photo from the summer, love the size difference! [emoji592]

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Depth of winter now.
Since October's update I did in fact fit powerflex mounts into the old exhaust hangers. Keeping the brand new OE ones to put back on whenever I see fit. Genuinely only fitted them to get the exhaust tips dead central in the cutouts.
34027a67bd408a444f300efc3940c015.jpg

I have also renewed my insurance. Now I'm 23 I have added my (also) 23 year old girlfriend to the policy and made the policy fully comp to drive any vehicle. This cost about 780 in total, with 5 years NCB. Tax also done, I'm looking forward to 2018 in my pride and joy!

89a1c5b2d008a1d64ebb9b8fe5b9493d.jpg

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's the little touches that count lol! Got one too but haven't fitted yet

To be fair It’s far too cold to spend any kind of time messing around with cars anyway! I planned on doing a lot more than this but the weather had other ideas [emoji849]

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Small update.
Bought a personalised reg which I’ll be putting on the car when the new plates are delivered.
Other than that, nothing to report over winter, it’s been faithfully carrying out its daily duties without any problems. I’ve kept use to a minimum more recently as well, what with all the salt on the roads etc.
No grand plans in the near future as I’ll spend a fair whack on a cambelt/dephaser etc change before summer.

Just on the snow bandwagon, here’s a photo of a very lightly snow covered Clio
1fb803b5f15bd8da6d81372eb8952826.jpg

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Latest update;
Boot lid fell on my girlfriends head the other day, she was not impressed. So I finally got round to replacing the struts today.
Opted for magneti marelli replacements as they’re a very reputable brand, the Renault/airax ones seemed a bit steep for gas struts if I’m honest.
Also my private reg is on, normal sized plates front and rear, looks nice and neat with slightly less characters than before.

As a side note based on the last post, turns out I’d mis-calculated my cambelt etc being due by a year, it’s not due until June 2019, but will get it done by the end of this year for peace of mind.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Got a new phone, took a few pictures, sadly the sun was going down and the car was unwashed but I’m sure it takes better photos than the last...
496f0c9f36212bad7d78c05026079227.jpg

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Finally got good enough weather to really get into cleaning the car properly. Made a start yesterday claying/de tar, one step machine polishing with a DA and waxing. Did the bonnet, front wings and drivers door, gonna do the rest this afternoon!

804db3e4067aef9916a6f5371de3236d.jpg

0ff7f29578b5e166f72085295b07de7c.jpg

Also worked my way round and cleaned inside the arches. Before and after of the rear drivers side

21bf1fcc3870d167dae4b3fbfab25d50.jpg

4629f17c9f90f2e85982efd579d85245.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk