ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance question

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hi guys got a wee question about car insurance, here we go...

ive got 2 cars, clio 172 and clio dci. my dci is my winter car i run during the winter and when the better weather comes i run my 172, so ive only ever got one car insured at a time.

my 172 now needs serviced and i need to drive it to the garage so was wondering the best way to go about insuring it for a short period of time, had been thinking about just getting my mum to insure it paying monthly and cancel the insurance after a month so only paying one months payment but they all want a deposit, if i was to do it this way would i get my deposit back and just loose the one months payment?

or can i phone up my dci insurance company (admiral) and get a weekend cover note or something on the 172?

any advice would be great on the cheapest way to do this! cheers

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
nearly all insurance companies have a cooling-off period, so you can take out cover and cancel usually up to 30 days later, and get your premium back.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Make no odds, because even if he is covered to do thats, his 172 needs to be privately insured by someone else so he can drive it.

Spot on, the other vehicle needs to be insured by someone else.