ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Q..

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Apologies for re-post but hoping for quick answer as phoning insurance now and car due to be picked up soon..

So wife had an accident on 30/09/13. Driver has admitted fault through his insurance, so no fault accident. Car is getting collected this morning, leaving courtesy car, all is good.

This morning, I have hit a post outside my sons school damaging passengers door. Phoned insurer straight up, and asked if I pay excess now over the phone, can both repairs be done at same time? Told that would mean I have to pay £300 initially, before been able to claim back £150 through third party insurance. As once repair is done for accident I will be invoiced my excess before it is claimed back. I have only ever claimed once on insurance in 2005 for a non-fault accident but I never had to pay a penny, as other driver admitted fault like wifes initial accident. Is this correct? I am confused?

Clio
Had your car been assessed already? If not I would have said they caused the damage in the accident. All work done and no claim for you.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Had your car been assessed already? If not I would have said they caused the damage in the accident. All work done and no claim for you.

TUT-TUT Mace. Not assessed and not possible anyway you shady character.. : )

A ANIMAL
You pay your excess to the repairer (AFAIK) - not the insurer. If they say you have to claim it back after than thats what you'll have to do.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I have no probs paying whatever is needed, just not aware of anyone that has had a no-fault accident, where third party has admitted liability, that has still had to pay their excess.

Last edited: