ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance payout how to prove

Rb Clio 182
Right insurance been on the phone today and offerd me £2400 for my liquid yellow clio and i refused it

He said to me on the phone i got to get proof to show its worth more than a black blue or silver one ")

Any idea's what i can do "(

I showed them the heritage site and his attitude was that shows that no1 want's them "(

What shall i do "(

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Kind of a stab in the dark - I'm no expert :S. Get a quote for a full respray and send them it, that should prove it shouldn't it?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Good luck I've tryed that before and i didnt have any luck what so ever the go on spec and miles thats it!!!

PH1 iceburg
Need to show him how much of a mark up there is for this colour. Also any pics of yours to show the condition it was in will help.

Rb Clio 182
They recovered it to national repair centre newport and they have had a quote for it and its classed as a un economical repair they no what it cost to repair it he just want's proof to show it's worth more than a black one ")

Rb Clio 182
He said showing how much they bring dont make a difference

How much was ly as an extra from renault

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go to pistonheads, print off the three cheapest *any colour here* 182's you can find with similar mileage.

Go to cliosport.net/renaultsport.com/clio197.net and print off the adverts for the Liquid yellows.

Post them to him recorded delivery.

Await fat cheque.

renault clio cup 172
a had the same problem with my old car, had it for 2 weeks and some old dear decides to pull out extremely slowly then all of a sudden come out like jenson button and smashed my b pilar and creased it all. was written off and they offered me £1200 and a paid £1800 for the car a told them to get f***ed and wanted proof a paid that price and on that date so a faxed over my purchase proof and a got just under £1800 for it, they will try anything to give you as low as possible.

hazzamondo

ClioSport Club Member
  986 boxster
best you can do is as said above get a few adverts of cheaper 182's in any colour and then find the ads for ly. Makes sure you mix the ads up as some insurers dont like pistonheads prices. Go for autotrader, pistonheads and anywhere else that a ly is for sale .

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Find someone on the forum with an LY, pay for them to advertise it at a rediculous price, fax over the for sale add to Mr.Insurance ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Find someone on the forum with an LY, pay for them to advertise it at a rediculous price, fax over the for sale add to Mr.Insurance ;)

This would be a good idea if the car in question was honest.

The guy removed the xenons to fit standard halogen head lamps and fitted HID's. The washer jets are missing from the bumper also which is odd!

Rb Clio 182
This.

You pay a premium for RB, LY and PB but in reality, they're "worth" no more than the next car.

As for this The Premium went up a fair amount when i changed from silver to liquid yellow so no you dont pay the same all over thanks

350z, Subaru Legacy
I had the same thing this time last year with an RB, what I did was:

Send a photocopy of my receipt/invoice (I had only bought the car 3 months earlier)
Send some examples of dirt cheap black/silver/arctic 182s
Send some examples of the most expensive RBs available - luckily there were some really overpriced ads at the time :rasp:
Make it clear that my car was mint prior to the accident and that I could not go out and buy an exact equivalent for the money they were offering me.
Then when they raised their offer, took the cash and the car, sold the wreck via ebay. Came out with just over 6K - in fact I made about £100.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
By refusing the first offer you will get an increased offer. I have just managed to get £550 for a old pug 106 that cost me £300 so just stick to your guns.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely hold out for a better offer but don't expect them to shower you with additional fifties because your car is glittery gold.

It means very little to an insurance company.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Just try the steps above - refuse offer, send s**t over, take next offer and sell the car/bits yourself.

172cup
that's quite a milestone......
You might get an extra 200-300 quid if you manage to prove the car worth more money because of the LY.

It's an eight year-old Clio. What were you expecting? lol. £5k?

Well it is yellow, which was £1200 ish more as an ID paint option so as per CS logic that dictates the car is still worth £1200 more than another clio of comparable age/mileage but in a non ID colour.