ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help!

Black Clio 1.2 16V 2002
Hey
Any ideas for cheaper insurance please??!
just got my renewal and its doubled because someone crashed into me!
Ive got 1 years no claims, 3 points SP30, 1 claim my fault and now 1 claim not fault?!
I only drive a 1.2 16v and it was 1300 fully comp.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Have you tried the usual comparison websites like confused and moneysupermarket for quotes?

Comparison websites are pish, seriously.

Who else have you tried? Elephant and Bell are usually good for young drivers, Elephant especially for me.

ALWAYS go direct to the company, much cheaper that way.

Oh, and add older female family members as second and third drivers to the policy if you can.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tried flux/chris knot/brentacre/direct line all the ones not on comparison sites?

Da

Less
With 3 points and a fault claim you'll struggle to get it much lower anyway in my opinion.

Black Clio 1.2 16V 2002
Ive already got my dad on the insurance
And its already with elephant! :S Think im just gunna have to pay it! :(

Black Clio 1.2 16V 2002
yea i tried my mum but she didnt make much of a difference :S hmmm shall get huting! or just pay up i supose.
Thanx everyone!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive already got my dad on the insurance
And its already with elephant! :S Think im just gunna have to pay it! :(

Try getting a quote online from Admiral or Bell as Elephant will match it. Work out exactly how many miles per year you do as this can alter the quote quite a bit if you've entered too much. Increasing the excess can also save money but make sure if you do ever claim you can afford it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Try bell with both your mum and dad, this was how i got cheap insurance on my 1.2, then try the independent brokers like brentacre/chris knot/adrian flux.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Try the cheapest companies from the comparison sites directly, I saved £200-300 by going direct.

Black Clio 1.2 16V 2002
Thanx everyone! been really helpfull! :)
Have rang round. Admiral was the cheapest by far! with 10000 miles and both claims and 3 points all vouched only £250 excess fully comp for deposite of £82 and 9 monthly installments of £82!
:D