ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance confuses me :( Help?

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Ok, I am insured as the main driver on a 1.2 clio with my girlfriend (Prov licence holder) as a named driver, fully comp with eCar. The car is a HUGE money pit and ive decided to get a new car. I have paid the insurance outright for the whole year. Can I change the car on the insurance without it affecting my no claims over the last few months or will it be like a start from the begginning sort of thing? Or does it all depend on the insurance company?

Chris.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
you can phone up your insurance and swap over to the new car if thats what you mean? may have to pay more or less depends what you pay now. you wont have to start again thats only if you cancel your insurance you would lose the time you have been with that insurance company.

Mk2 Ph2 172
As above call your insurance and just change the details on your policy... A small admin fee and any credit or extra payment will be given or needed !!!

All depends what you want to change it to

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
As eCar is Internet based, I logged in using my policy number and it allowed me to make the changes e.g. Car, where its parked etc. then it gave me a grand total of how much extra I needed to pay as you guys said. There's me thinking I would have to get another policy out :/ Thanks for the help!