ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance claims

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
September 2011 I was in traffic at a round about and don't no what happened but herd a little bang, pulled over with guy in front and he was just going to walk away no damage at all or nothing, but I said here's my number if u wanna get it Checked out.

Anyway a week later he said nothing wrong with the car.

About 25th November I get a phone call from my my insurers saying you have been in a bump, so on.

Anyway cut a long story short I get a email today saying phone them.
So I have just got off the phone with my insurance and they said I lost my no clams pluss they paid out £7,500.

You do somebody a favour And they stab you in the back. Pi$$ed off I am

172 CUP
Re: Insurance clams

You can dispute that, insurance need to have your side of the story as well, not just from him. Also if your insurance company admitted liability and decided to pay out, they have to call you and inform you, if it was a slow moving bump and they have had to pay out £7500, the other guy has scammed you big time

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
My insurers said they had a 3rd party involved. So basically " you had a accident that wasnt ur fault, no won no fee"

I'm really fuming, I gave my story to them last November. For all I no he could of rolled into me. I had my foot on my break.

How do I dispute it?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Because I wasn't moving looking other way had my foot on the break and I'm not sure if I didn't have my all the way down or as he went off he rolled into me.

172 CUP
If you had your foot on the brake then ypu didn't roll into him. Sounds like your insurance company have settled the claim. You'll have to ring them and speak to them. Are you fully comp?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Basically I hit someone ( no damage at all) he took his car to the garage and it was all fine.
Then he has put a clame against me obv for wip lash using a 3rd party.

172 CUP
From what I understand, you was sitting in traffic, minding your own business and looking away from the road with your foot on the brake, you then felt a bump so you and the guy infront pulled over and checked the cars, he said there was no damage, you went on your seperate ways, then he phoned his insurance and said you went into him?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
From what I understand, you was sitting in traffic, minding your own business and looking away from the road with your foot on the brake, you then felt a bump so you and the guy infront pulled over and checked the cars, he said there was no damage, you went on your seperate ways, then he phoned his insurance and said you went into him?

Yeah bob on :) ur good at this haha

172 CUP
But if your foot is on the brake then how have you gone into him? If anything it sounds like he reversed into you

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Like I just said I obv didn't leave enough room. Was going to get a 182 the end of this year, just did a quote if i would of had my 2 years then it would of been 3k, it will be now 6.5k I think I'll keep my 1.2 and try get my NCB up again

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah if your foot was on the brake then its pretty impossible for you to hit him really. (you have a handbrake you know)

Dispute it, blame him for rolling backwards into you.

172 CUP
Dispute it, find out who this 3rd party was, what did he claim for, did it go to court, why wasn't you informed, why was you not allowed to have your say when this claim was going on. Sounds like stuff wasn't done properly amd you have solid grounds to dispute it

Clio 182
Fees, credit hire, whiplash and inflated damage estimates. See this all the time as an insurance engineer. I spend a lot of time disputing TP repair costs etc. your insurers would have reviewed the outlay before paying out, normally I would ask for images of your vehicle closer the time, who you insured with?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Thanks for the help guys I'll ring tomorrow. And see into it more
The woman from the insurers said the money the money was for the following:
Hire car fees
Damage fees ( where there is non )
Injury fees
Out of work fees
And 3rd party fees

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Fees, credit hire, whiplash and inflated damage estimates. See this all the time as an insurance engineer. I spend a lot of time disputing TP repair costs etc. your insurers would have reviewed the outlay before paying out, normally I would ask for images of your vehicle closer the time, who you insured with?

I was admiral i had everything but pictures of his car and they just ask what happened. I said I had my break on and looking right at the roundabout didntt accelerate or nothing.
It's funny the guy didn't have a clue what to do, he said my miss's sorts this out normaly so that's why I gave him my number.

Clio 182
Third part credit hire got hold of him and persuaded him to claim, hence the uninsured losses such as loss of earnings etc....

Luckily were slowly but surely stamping these people out the market

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Third part credit hire got hold of him and persuaded him to claim, hence the uninsured losses such as loss of earnings etc....

Luckily were slowly but surely stamping these people out the market

That's what she said on the phone about the uninsured stuff.

Clio 182 arctic
If there was no damage you should have said 'what accident' and got them to come look at your car for any damage or lack off.
If there was no damage at all(even the smallest scratch) then i would have denied it through my teeth.

Clio 182
If there was no damage you should have said 'what accident' and got them to come look at your car for any damage or lack off.
If there was no damage at all(even the smallest scratch) then i would have denied it through my teeth.

This^^

This is why I go out on inspections and argue TP claims that come in, I can't understand they had pictures of your car- did they not match their damage to your car? This is one of the first things that should happen? Did they not ask you the speed of impact, any injuries, passenger injuries etc

Sorry to go on but poor claims handling makes me angry lol, we spend so much time making sure everything is justified, anyone that knows SIMS knows we don't like to pay out lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
This^^

This is why I go out on inspections and argue TP claims that come in, I can't understand they had pictures of your car- did they not match their damage to your car? This is one of the first things that should happen? Did they not ask you the speed of impact, any injuries, passenger injuries etc

Sorry to go on but poor claims handling makes me angry lol, we spend so much time making sure everything is justified, anyone that knows SIMS knows we don't like to pay out lol

It's fine :) it seems like they was unprofessional with everything. It all depends what he said. I said I wasn't looking so. I know next time don't be nice to other people. and if he
Had a docs note then that's it.

One other thing that makes me angry. was in a night club in Warrington one night. Minding my own business and a glass hit me on the head. I has to go hospital stitches (3) went police they said they will go round etc.
Got back toe and they said it's not in there book or on any CCTV. So I won't be able to have compo and this guy will. I will have this for the rest of my life.

Mk1 16v brooklands
His whip lash came one quite late! I remember my mate crashed a few years ago with me in the car. Time to put a claim in i think...

On a serious note dude you should have disputed it. Asked for proof, are you sure your handbrake wasnt on ;)????

Sorry mate but this really isn't making sense. You can't be telling the whole story.

They just paid out £7500 on one persons say so? Without any fact checking?

On that basis, what is to stop me calling my insurance company later with your name and address and telling them you hit me in traffic? I get a big fat cheque and then you find out a bit later on? Doesn't add up at all.

A similar thing happened to me with admiral, the only difference in my case was the other vehicle was completely at fault. They then subsequently put in massive personal injury claims, and damage claims (was a 5mph roundabout incident where they were in the wrong lane and hit me).

Admiral asked for my side of things several times, I had to chase it up for status on what was happening and communication was awful.

Next thing, I hear they have settled the claim in their favor because court action was threatened for the personal injury claim (which could not have existed at 5mph). I wasn't informed or asked if I wanted to pursue it through court.

Moral of the story is once they have paid out and settled it there isn't a great deal you can do, believe me I have tried! Formal complaints, legal advice blah blah but it just wouldnt be worth it.

When the case was open my insurance did shoot up massively, however once closed its now very cheap for my age, so don't worry too much!

Hope this helps lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Admiral asked for my side of things several times, I had to chase it up for status on what was happening and communication was awful.

Hope this helps lol

I was same I didnt hear from them at all I phoned them up last month saying what's happened and they said it's still going on. Then I get a email saying its settled. I then had to wait 10mins on phone to see what it was. I'm with elephant now but next year I'm going with a different company altogether. A company that is more professional. Prob try a broker.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Sorry mate but this really isn't making sense. You can't be telling the whole story.

On that basis, what is to stop me calling my insurance company later with your name and address and telling them you hit me in traffic? I get a big fat cheque and then you find out a bit later on? Doesn't add up at all.

Prob coz I said there was a incident. And I was behind this guy. I have no idea I'm confused as much as you. Lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
His whip lash came one quite late! I remember my mate crashed a few years ago with me in the car. Time to put a claim in i think...

On a serious note dude you should have disputed it. Asked for proof, are you sure your handbrake wasnt on ;)????

Yeah I don't no how to go about it if he has used a 3rd party them they have more to stand on. What should I say?!?

Mk1 16v brooklands
I take it the claim was against whip lash and nothing to do with the car then! I personally dont know what to say mate. Its a s**t situatuon but there is no way id of let elephant do that

Clio 182
Admiral arn't great at claims handling, I had a 50-50 incident (both parties on a single track road failed to stop in snow and bumped into each other head on) they tried to settle against me 100% because the other guy had a witness? lol quick letter from my liability team sorted them out.

similar thing happend 2 my mothers bf a few yrs back.. a women in a mini cut him up and then 4 months later a claim went in against him with the mini being a write off she said he drove off and she got his reg... Even his company proved there was no damage to the vehicle he was in i.e company car.. Long story short went to court and she won the case

currently a dodgy case in against my father aswel where the car infront locked the hand brake on so he didnt know they were stopping and went in to the back of them

then theres me whos going through a claim at the moment where i driver hit me head on on my side of the road