ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance and track days!

Clio RS 172
Owned a 172 a few years back, now looking for a 182 as a second car to have some track time!

I'm 23 with 5 years ncb, anybody know of a company that will offer me insurance with track day cover?

thanks Matt

172 CUP
If you stack it, tow it somewhere and 'place' it in a ditch. Risky, but it's been done sucessfully before with more exotic machinery (not by me mind!)

Ph1 T
I just take the risk as I imagine most do..

And if you do.. you obviously take the risk that someone could crash into you in track not just you crashing yourself..

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I took the risk, mainly because the excess was so high it wasn't really worth doing in my eyes.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As said, about £45 a day for 'day only'. MORIS cover all mods, as do people like Sky, Greenlight and Brentacre. I have an agreed value for both road and track, and its a fair bit more than £2k to £3k ;)

It's personal preference really, some people are more risk averse than others. If mine was a stock 172 I'd probably not bother with trackday insurance.

Ph1 T
Personally I wouldn't tell them about a remap.. Might get people saying you should tell them every little thing but that's upto you..

I bet everyone who does an rs tuner map on here doesn't tell them infact probably 90% won't have.. All IMO btw

Clio RS 172
Will have to get on the phone! Can u still get the Rs tuner? Didn't it come with a launch control and pop and bang map?!

Ph1 T
Don't know about launch control but yeah can get the pop and bang map. I'm sure I saw about 4 for sale the other day on here best -£100 I've ever spent