ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance and MOT

Titanium F/F 182
In a nutshell I bashed the car into a lamp post this afternoon. When i've come to check the insurance and other car docs my MOT expired in Dec 07. Is the insurnace still valid?

Da

Less
No, FC insurance demands that the car is kept in a roadworthy condition. No MOT = not road worthy. You will however be third part by law which means the lamp post will be covered! :)

As above you've got nothing to lose. Only other alternative is to find a very bent MOT station, probably with a bribe, although I wouldn't condone such activity.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
seein as u aint far, go liverpool way im sure ull find some dogy station in there thatll accidentally type the date in a month or two early. and try not to drive on the curb next time ;)

M2 Competition
Ive had to claim twice on insurance. My car had a valid mot at the time, but no-one ever checked...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How bad is the damage? Just take it to an mot place, claim its been off the road as you've been away? Get them to mot it say tmrw? Then ooops you hit that lampost in two days time??

Or is there something there you cant do?

No, FC insurance demands that the car is kept in a roadworthy condition. No MOT = not road worthy. You will however be third part by law which means the lamp post will be covered! :)

Not true. The fact the MOT has run out will definately not invalidate the insurance.

An MOT doesnt mean a car is roadworthy anyway...

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
wheni had a crashed they wanted every thing mot, reciept for the car, copy of my liscense, the lot

besisded how do you know the dont just run the plate, that brings up every detail including the mot & tax since its all electronic now.

Not true. The fact the MOT has run out will definately not invalidate the insurance.

An MOT doesnt mean a car is roadworthy anyway...

What does an MOT do then????????

Not much, only that its roadworthy at the time of the test! Drive it away and flat spot a tyre on the way home (for example) and its no longer roadworthy, but you'll still have 12 months left of MOT. A lot can happen to a car in 12 months. Its a pretty basic test as well.