ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

installing a Cup pack on a 182

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Hi everyone

Im currently in the process of buying a 182. The problem is that i would ideally like one with both cup packs, so i hope this isn't a stupid question...

Is it possible to put the cup pack (either just one or both) on i.e suspension and is there anywhere that could do it?

Cheers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think one cup pack was cup spoiler, splitter and anthracite wheels. Easy enough to sort. The other was the suspension I think and not sure what else. Cup suspension has different hub spacings for the shocks I think, so not sure if you have to change the hubs. However, non-cup suspension is cheaper to upgrade to coilies and has more choice.

Stripped yozza'd cup
It can be done, but will cost you too much for it to be worth while. As said, just buy coilies, it will prob be the same money!

Cup packs are MASSIVELY over-hyped on here.

Pack 1 - Splitter/Spoiler - Splitter is usually missing because it falls off the second it comes in contact with anything. Spoiler is just a tiny bit bigger.

Pack 2 - Wheels/Suspension - Wheels are ugly anyway so most people change them. Suspension isn't much different at all. 3mm lower. None-Cup Pack suspension also gives you more choice for aftermarket suspension options.

Personally, I'd just get one that's in good condition, serviced etc etc.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The wheel hubs are different on 182 Cup pack & 182 Cup V 182 poverty spec-

therefor the suspension cannot be swopped straight over

S

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Cheers for the responses its helped loads!

Ive noticed a lot without the splitter's on, but is a splitter worth putting on but the handling on a standard 182 seems fine as it is?

320d
The only thing i'd want off the cup packed one is the spoiler which imo really tidies up the back end.

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Cheers. kind of contrasting opinions whether its worth putting the cup packs on then. I'll have to look into the other options if they are better

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Horses for courses in terms of price to buy- cheaper non cup pack-

However desirability to sell--- Cup packs FTW-- For the difference in price I would wait for a cup packed one-

S

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm looking at a 182 tomora with no cup packs! It's got full service history and 1 owner I dnt want cup packs. I want to do my own thing and not do what others do!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
The Cup spoiler can be had 2nd hand for around £150, £10 pounds for a Fabia splitter and then just get some Eibach Sportlines (£140) to make the handling/looks better than a Cupped one anyway. Job done!

Da

Less
If we're splitting hairs, the hubs on a Cup packed 182 are uprated from a regular 182...

It's not all about the ride and height ;)

On the 200, the steering rack is quicker too, unsure if that's the same on a 182?

Megane R26 F1 #1931
With the fabia splitter, whats the best way to get one i.e where from and is it easy enough to fit myself or ....

Clio 182 cup'd
Cup packs are MASSIVELY over-hyped on here.

Pack 1 - Splitter/Spoiler - Splitter is usually missing because it falls off the second it comes in contact with anything. Spoiler is just a tiny bit bigger.

Pack 2 - Wheels/Suspension - Wheels are ugly anyway so most people change them. Suspension isn't much different at all. 3mm lower. None-Cup Pack suspension also gives you more choice for aftermarket suspension options.

Personally, I'd just get one that's in good condition, serviced etc etc.

I don't think you could be anymore wrong on this. I don't think I've ever seen a 182 in the flesh without standard alloys. My 6 year old 182 still has its splitter and the spoiler if far bigger and noticable, as opposed to the "lip" on standard 182's. A standsrd. 182 looks unfinished.

Have you ser driven a 182 with cup packs? There is a big difference.

The OP should shop around for a 182 with the packs already on. He won't regret it.

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Been out today and brought a 182 cup!

The only problem is it hasnt got the splitter on so if everyone thinks its a good idea, ill get a fabia one?

Black 182 FF
With the fabia splitter, whats the best way to get one i.e where from and is it easy enough to fit myself or ....

I got mine from VW. Fit it the same way you would fit a cup splitter (clamp it in place and use self tapping screws into the bottom of the bumper, though you do have to cut it down a touch at the ends. For the money I dont think it's worth paying anymore, plus I now prefer the Skoda splitter as it's more flexible and durable than the Cup one.

Golf GTD Mk7
it's purely cosmetic, so just get any reasonably looking black plastic down there ;)

I don't think their is a massive over hyping of the cup packed 182. It is better than the 182 standard. Not a huge difference, but an evolution no the less.

Megane R26 F1 #1931
Yeah thats what i thought. Only had it a day and i love it already. going from a 1.2 clio to a 182 cup is just... awesome? or stupid i havent decided

3 Series xdrive
I don't think you could be anymore wrong on this. I don't think I've ever seen a 182 in the flesh without standard alloys. My 6 year old 182 still has its splitter and the spoiler if far bigger and noticable, as opposed to the "lip" on standard 182's. A standsrd. 182 looks unfinished.

Have you ser driven a 182 with cup packs? There is a big difference.

The OP should shop around for a 182 with the packs already on. He won't regret it.

Ive owned both, no noticable difference to drive, the cup packed ones look a bit better with the slightly bigger spolier.

Stripped yozza'd cup
how comes 182s are quoted 180bhp and 182cup 182bhp ?

They're not 180bhp or 182bhp. Lol.
182 ps is where the name comes from, the engines in both are identical.

^^^ I've also driven both, there's more difference between one 182ff and another than there between a FF / cup packs.

2005 Clio 182
i know they aint that bhp ive bin at a rollin road day and there around 170 that wasnt the quetsion i asked it was how come theyre quoted differently was wondering if there is any straight line speed difference thats all !