ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installed de K&N intake on teh Clio

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Holy crap what an amazing sound! :eek: :evil:

I have no idea if there are power gains, if any, but the sound is enough to enjoy this thing...

A couple piccies....any suggestions?

m97zvc.jpg

25rpfg0.jpg

and a short video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mglrzmGFX18

prepare for the flaming for a 'open induction kit' sucking in warm engine air..

the kit comes with a hose that kind of feeds cooler air from the lower bumper area to the filter

bring it on! :approve: lol

That will completely irradicate the engine bay of hot air won't it!! ;)

I suppose you've tested the area where you've mounted this pipe to check it's not actually in an area of negative pressure?

But, anyway, should sound nicer now.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
the kit comes with a hose that kind of feeds cooler air from the lower bumper area to the filter

bring it on! :approve: lol

I suppose you've tested the area where you've mounted this pipe to check it's not actually in an area of negative pressure?

of course, the area next to the blinker fluid deposit is perfect for this....lol j/k ;)

enlight me, the area behind the bumper could be of negative pressure due to aerodynamics, how would that affect the performance of the cold air feed?

I was kind of worried that the kit would only get hot air from the engine but I haven't noticed lack of power or any problems, it is not like I'm all about [clarkson] powerrrrrrr [/clarkson] I knew the power gains are marginal...if any, I like the looks and the sound....it is a 1.6 for god's sake, it is not like I'm doing major mods to it....yet :eek:

of course, the area next to the blinker fluid deposit is perfect for this....lol j/k ;)

enlight me, the area behind the bumper could be of negative pressure due to aerodynamics, how would that affect the performance of the cold air feed?

I have no idea, I was just making stuff up!! :D

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v

I have no idea, I was just making stuff up!! :D

that was evil, I was about to fire up wikipedia and start some research...I only made sure it wouldn't suck any water

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
This is the Gen 2 isnt it... We tested this in the Performance Tuner mag test which is out in next months issue, Results are interesting ;)

Its a very nicely designed bit of Kit actually and gives a good gain over standard.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
This is the Gen 2 isnt it... We tested this in the Performance Tuner mag test which is out in next months issue, Results are interesting ;)

Its a very nicely designed bit of Kit actually and gives a good gain over standard.

Yup, 6508 Gen II.
I'll wait for the article then :cool: (dying to see why is it "interesting")

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
god i miss that sound ! got the same filter on my 1.6 and i lost the noise once i put the k-tec manifold on :dapprove: .