ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installed an amp and something unexpected happened

RenaultClio 1.2 16V Dyn
So at the weekend, me and my mate installed a JBL sub and amp into my car. IT was a package thingy, sub, amp and all the wires included so all we needed to do was wire it up which we did and it all looks great. Since we installed it I have noticed that in the dark my lights come on automatically and turn off in day light!! So the weird thing is Ihave an 03 plate 1.2 16V dynamique, so why is this happening? have i installed it and activated i light a sensor??? or something else??? opinions and experience welcome :D

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
because by default the automatic lights will be on - someones obviously turned it off at some point

you'll have disconnected the battery, causing it to reset back to default

RenaultClio 1.2 16V Dyn
Cool, why on earth was it turned off then? is it an extra and all they do is turn it on and charge a couple of £££??

K20 EG Hatch
lol u can turn it on and off to do that and disconnecting ur battery has reset it again!
rtfm - read the fuckin manual hehe...

RenaultClio 1.2 16V Dyn
Dan Page said:
lol u can turn it on and off to do that and disconnecting ur battery has reset it again!
rtfm - read the f**kin manual hehe...

LoL true i should have and I'm gonna tomos morning but car is outside and in cold so thought i'd ask u guys :)

engine off

key in
turn to Acc position
flick headlight between off and sideilghts twice quickly
you'll hear a beep
this as either engaged/disengaged the auto lights