ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner steering rack joint ?

Flame Red 172
Hi guys

just a quick one, on a recent service i was told that the inner steering rack joint needs replacing now first of all is it a major part and what would be the effects to the cars steering if it was going or had indeed gone ? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to fitting things so i wouldnt be me doing it it would go to a garage.

Any help would be great

Mark

Lionel Richie
pretty important! you might not notice anything, but vauge handling and a tendancy to wonder would be symptons

they cost about £40 (you might need a new track rod end also if the old one is seized) takes about an hour to do plus wheel alignmet

Flame Red 172
Thats exactly how to describe Fred it does tend to wander and has become abit vague I definately know why its doing it now,

as always Fred top notch cheers for your help

Big bump!!

Could this cause steering to drift massively?
Trying to get to the bottom of my drifty problem ;) (Hoping massively that it isn't the steering rack).