ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet fitting....

Milltek'd 182
Right my inlet arrived yesterday fresh from APD. took it to my mechanic today, and he said 'oooh thats a big job' :rolleyes: and doesnt know if he wants to get involved with it. i have heard on here that its not too bad? can anyone give any advice as to the time it will take and what needs to be done. i was going to print out some posts to show him. its a 182 btw!

cheers guys....:approve:

VRS
it took me and my dad around 2hours in total. with the right tools its not too bad a job!

i had to:

take off strut brace (gets in the way)
take off throttle body and airfilter
unbolt inlet plenium and coil pack
take off fuel rail guard
remove injectors
unbolt lower manifold
jack up engine to get access to bolt into side of lower inlet manifold (remove top mount as well)
remove manifold
fit new gaskets

then put everything back on again lol

it could be done quicker but im not a pro

Last edited:
  VRS
complete:
enginecover008.gif

stripped and ready for new manifold:
manny2.gif

andy

Milltek'd 182
thats a lovely engine bay you have there!! thanks mate. i'l see if anyone else posts, give this a printout and hand it to him tomorrow. appreciated :) :)

VRS
the main thing when i did it was to just take my time! you end up taking out a lot of bolts lol :D

its the kind of job that i would only trust to do myself or by one of the cliosport techies eg. Ben, Fred, Yoz

i wouldnt really want a garage mechanic to do it if its his first time on a clio rs but thats just me

Last edited:
  Milltek'd 182
lol yea it does look like a lot of bolts! he works for my stepdad who owns a car garage and takes all his work to him. i'l be there helping too (probably doing most of the work!) so i know he wont mug me off. do you think that will be ok? on another note, what gaskets did you need? ive asked for the one between the phlenum and the lower inlet, but didnt know if the one to the head was needed?

VRS
lol yea it does look like a lot of bolts! he works for my stepdad who owns a car garage and takes all his work to him. i'l be there helping too (probably doing most of the work!) so i know he wont mug me off. do you think that will be ok? on another note, what gaskets did you need? ive asked for the one between the phlenum and the lower inlet, but didnt know if the one to the head was needed?

yeah if your keeping an eye and helping out then its all good :) its just very important that you get the manifold and gaskets lined up properly otherwise it impedes the effects of getting the match done!

you need 2 gaskets, the lower manifold gasket and the one that goes betweeh the manifold and in the plenium. iirc they are compression gaskets so should only be used once so ideally you should replace them both whilst putting on your new inlets

Milltek'd 182
i'l do my best! might take a trip to renault then and ask for the gaskets. stan* needs to delete some emails if he reads this! lol

thanks for your help. did you notice a difference? ;)