ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector order

Evening guys, this is my first post and I'm looking for a wee bit clio knowledge to help me out as these are all new to me.

I've just collected a 2004 172 to use out on the track and it has a intermittent fault. The car sometimes goes into limp mode (eml flashing) and runs on 3 cylinders. You can be driving along and it and it will just fire into life again and be fine for a good while before it does it again, or it can last all of 30 sec.

We plugged it in tonight and it was coming up injector 1 open circuit. So we whipped the injector rail out and swapped what we thought was injector 1&3 put it all back together and it was the same. I've had to come home but had a thought, does it go 1 to 4 from right to left if your looking into the engine bay or is it left to right?

The coil pack, leads and plugs have all been changed with new ones so that has narrowed it down a bit. My initial thoughts were an injector or the loom possibly worn through and earthing out.

Any input will be much appreciated.

callum.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's counted 1-4 from the gearbox, so from right to left. Imagine you're reading arabic.

Might be worth holding up a screwdriver up to the injector and to your ear to see if you can hear it ticking. Although if it's anything like my injector problem it's intermittent and won't show you anything!

Good luck.

sounds like your needing to change the injectors or check the wiring on the plugs into the injector message @Fraser.J or stu on here he should be able to sort you out with a set hes from glenrothes but has a unit just outside lochgelly with plenty of spares

Im going to whip them back out and change injector 4 and 2 just to make sure the diagnostic machine isn't reading them arse for elbow. If it's an injector I will change the lot and keep the 3 good ones for spares. If it's not I will look into the harness wiring. I will keep fraser and stu in mind as I have no connections in the clio scene as such.

Cheers bud I will do. I will probably swap the injectors over tomo night and plug it in again to see if it is the injector that's away. I will let you know how I get on.

Sorry to high jack your thread. I have the same problem with injector 4, diagnosed it tonight. Did you resolve your problem?

I've replied to your thread bud, I swapped them over and it's jumped from 1 to 3 so it has to be a faulty injector. Going to try and source a new one tomorrow.

Sorry just noticed you replied to my issue. I'm hoping mine is also just injector, going to tackle it over the weekend.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Dan you should get a wee deal going mate! Old for new and charge a small fee for doing it.

Absolutely mate yeah!

The thing is, with it being a home rig I can't guarantee me bringing them back to life however what I can offer is a total thorough clean that will restore power and efficiency!

As in like a service for them, rather than a rebuild.

Wouldn't charge much at all compared to the £80+vat places normally charge

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Callum I've got a set of standard injectors you can use, home on Tuesday so give me a shout if you need them.

Just to let everyone know, I sent my original injectors down to dann2707 and he cleaned and pulsed them in his ultrasonic bath. They came back and are working 100%

I strongly recommend anyone with faulty injectors or if anyone is wanting their injectors cleaned for peace of mind they should drop him a PM

Great service and a very quick turnaround with updates from start to finish :up: