ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector faulty + misfire - best place to get a new one?

As above, I've been getting the engine light coming on, solid and flashing, and have unplugged each injector to test which one it might be.

When I unplugged the furthest left injector, there was no difference in engine sound. The others made the engine splutter more.

So replacing that injector should sort the problem, right? Where's the best (cheapest) place to get a new one from? Anything else I should know/worry about?

Cheers as always,
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator.

Does sound like injector. Does it sound like a subaru too?

I got a spared used off a breaker and its been fine. Do you want new? If so Renault Parts Direct.

Does sound like injector. Does it sound like a subaru too?

I got a spared used off a breaker and its been fine. Do you want new? If so Renault Parts Direct.
Yeah it's misfiring now, it wasn't before when I was getting the light but only just started today.

Cheers, I've had a quote look on Renault Parts Direct but they don't have any injectors on there for the Clios. How much roughly should I be looking at paying? As in, what's a good price?

Adam at Wolverhampton used to sort me out :(

Yeah it's misfiring now, it wasn't before when I was getting the light but only just started today.

Cheers, I've had a quote look on Renault Parts Direct but they don't have any injectors on there for the Clios. How much roughly should I be looking at paying? As in, what's a good price?

Adam at Wolverhampton used to sort me out 😧
around £35 mate

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell Jamie, I have a couple of injectors lying around in my shed from when mine went. I'd have had to dig them out but you could have just had one assuming they are still there.

Just ordered from Euro using a code so I can collect it tomorrow. Cheers both of you :smile:
Think one has gone on mine. Do you have to ring to order one as they don't show up on the site. Code, is that the part number or a discount code :)? How much was it?

Thanks

Is it normal for the engine light to stay on (solid) after an injector has been replaced? I've not plugged it in or cancelled any codes or anything and it's running better now than before it started playing up. Just this bloody warning light.

@bloke any ideas?

dan's cast offs.
Is it normal for the engine light to stay on (solid) after an injector has been replaced? I've not plugged it in or cancelled any codes or anything and it's running better now than before it started playing up. Just this bloody warning light.

@bloke any ideas?

if the eml is still on after injector is replaced then there is another fault, if it's running ok chances are it's pre cat lambda but will of probably come on because of the misfire.

get codes read and take it from there.

E46 M3 / BG 182
Can injectors play up without any lights coming on, mine play up occasionally, but I never get any lights come up or any error codes ??
I get really crap tickover sometimes , to the point where it can stall at junctions, I'm assuming its injectors ?
Never get any lights or error codes ??

koi

Audi S1
Injector 3 was replaced on mine by garage about 18 months ago and playing up again. Do these go easy or have they just used a cheap part?