ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INJECTION FAULT

182 Clio
Hi iv got a 56 reg clio 1.5dci (106) 6 speed bout 81000

I was driving it this morning and had injection fault come up on the dash as well as the stop light it happened at bout 50mph!

any help would be appreciated thanks!

IMG00340-20130114-0951_zps54eae363.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No simple answer I'm afraid and it needs proper diagnostics.

Could be something simple or something sinister in afraid.

Mick

Clio III DCi 106
I actually had the same on mine this morning. It came on, the car lossed all power and then it just went off itself and it was back to normal.
Are you on red?
Can anyone suggest a really good injector cleaner?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I also had one this morning with the generic message "Injection Fault'... now needs x4 new injectors.

As before, really needs diagnostics to say exactly what is causing it.

Clio III DCi 106
I put some redex in today to see if it helps. The message comes and goes every few months :S

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
I put some redex in today to see if it helps. The message comes and goes every few months :S

redex doesnt do anything. Your car runs a high pressure pump, a common rail with a pressure sensor in, & 4 injectors... first thing is read error codes with diagnostics, then do a leak back test on the injectors to see which one is causing the common rail pressure to drop.

182 Clio
hey guy thanks for the replys,iv tried disconnecting the batter for 40 mins,then tried the car today feels ok and the fault never came back on the dash but seems abit flat on the power! :(

2001 Clio 172
Mate, you should be able to read injection fault codes and get enough live data from the Generic OBD2 code readers that are very cheap. I would suggest you get the vehicle checked, have you noticed any excess smoke on start up or under wide open throttle?

Renault Clio 1.9 DCi
Mate, you should be able to read injection fault codes and get enough live data from the Generic OBD2 code readers that are very cheap. I would suggest you get the vehicle checked, have you noticed any excess smoke on start up or under wide open throttle?
<br>
<br>
I there, I have the same issue with the "injection fault" but just noticed that you mentioned excess smoke on start up &amp; under wide open throttle in your comment. I have both and just wondered where you were going with that?<br>
Many thanks for your help.<br><br>