ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Initial feelers for record Scottish Gathering Spring 2011....

Setting a date for this or is it gonna continue to be a pretty list of names forever? :)

Preferably within the next 6 weeks then Danny_Ibrokemytoenailandhadtogotohospital_172 can't attend ;)

Monaco
Crail is summer not spring and it's a bit anti-social merging a meet with a show. I saw this as an opportunity for a spring meet.

I'm seeing May? My first though would be Sunday 8th, not ideal for me (can still make it though) but I know Sundays usually get good turn outs. Would a weekday be better?

Discuss.

8th isn't ideal for me either but I could make an appearance for a while :)

Sunday 8th May
1. jackfm
2. keirravn
3. ALLANHARDIE
4. Dm_26

Monaco
We've got 5, are you all definite? 5 is enough to make it happen I'd say. hopefully get a few last minute ones too.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
be a bit lame with only a handful, im not that bothered about meets tbh i just signed up because its for a 'record' gathering, i dont think 5 is enough to bother with personally

Monaco
be a bit lame with only a handful, im not that bothered about meets tbh i just signed up because its for a 'record' gathering, i dont think 5 is enough to bother with personally

5 is better than a record meet that never happens - which is exactly what this will be if we dont go firm

I personally am happy to go just to meet a few folk and take a few snaps.

Charged Superleggera
1. jackfm
2. keirravn
3. Dm_26
4. AllanHardie
5. GRitch
6. Firas

Im sure mikey, ben and richy will be up for it aswell.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
as identified there has a been a lack of 'uptake' for suitable venues for this event.

Despite some interaction with Scone Palace, Perth Racecourse, McDiarmid Park and a few other perthshire hotspots, none were willing to offer services for us to have a 'mini meet' as they baulked at numbers (I suggested circa 100 - yes laughable, but had the makings of this) and also were either looking for sizeable financial incentives (was quoted in excess of £5k on a few occasions!! - LOLZER). A few said you would need police, ambulances, food, blah blah pisch.

So its never going to happen as a central venue isnt available. I do believe that the perception of 'tyre kickers' in someones car parks didnt really appeal alot as none of the venues were really getting alot out of it, apart from in their eyes 'hassle'. So there we go.

172 turbo & BMW 1m
sunday 8th may

1. jackfm
2. keirravn
3. Dm_26
4. AllanHardie
5. GRitch
6. Firas
7. Jay (depends on venue)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
sunday 8th may

1. jackfm
2. keirravn
3. Dm_26
4. AllanHardie
5. GRitch
6. Firas
7. Jay (depends on venue)
8. clio_stu

White Sti Hatch
I like the idea of the 8th and all but you need a meeting place more than you need a list of names !

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
any other meets gonna be gettin arranged then, maybe even st andrews like last year?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
St andrews would be a good shout, lots of space. What about round the loch lomond area, lots of good roads and car parks by the water there? Get a venue that doesnt require notice or arrangement and set a date. I think there will be lots of interest if detials are finalised! I dont mind helping organise!