ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno owners - convince me to loose my window tints...

Hi guys,

I'm in two minds about removing my window tints. The previous owner had it done so I won't be wasting any money by taking them off.

The only thing I'm worried about is that if I take them off, then realise I've made a mistake, I'll have to pay £100+ to get them re-done!

I had tints my old 1.6 and liked them but after seeing an inferno (eikoorb’s) on here without them it's made me think.

Here's what it looks like at the moment:

IMAG1852_zpsf07b74b7.png

2-2_zps9b51675d.png

1-2_zps59ea1baa.png

IMAG1835_zps96630a16.jpg

IMAG1850_zps8a82aea1.png

And here is a few of eikoorb’s:

I don't know if it's just how professional the photos are compared to mine that's swaying it or if I actually prefer it without tints.

So basically if anyone else has before and after photos that I can compare, or if your car looks the same (but without tints) please post them here. It would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan

P.S. Is it hard to remove the rear window tint without damaging the wires that run across it for the heated screen?

RB 182
I haven't got any photos to help you aid your decision, but I think it looks better without the tints.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Although I generally don't really like tints, I do like them on the Inferno.

Your car, your call mate.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously it's my car in the comparison so my answer maybe slightly biased, but I think the tints cheapen the look of the car and give it a slightly 'chavvy' look.

It'd look great with them removed. Much cleaner and more OEM!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think inferno is a rare exception for tints looking good. Although I think they are a bit too dark. A lighter shade would look better or none at all.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I can't decide, I like it with and without... Saw you the other day in Tesco's car park, I was sat in a kit car parked next to your Bean haha

Thanks for all the replies and pictures everyone. I think I'll take them off, like Sam said, I wouldn't be loosing anything.

I suppose I could always put a subtle tint on at a later date if I decide I don't like it.

Will it cause any damage to the heated back window at all? Just a bit worried the wires will come off with the tint.

I can't decide, I like it with and without... Saw you the other day in Tesco's car park, I was sat in a kit car parked next to your Bean haha

Ah that was you? :p You should've said something when I got to my car lol. I always park up the top end where it's away from everyone else!

M2 Comp
Looks so much better without the tints!

I'd also loose the stickers/decals on the side skirts too.

Iceberg Clio 172
Obviously it's my car in the comparison so my answer maybe slightly biased, but I think the tints cheapen the look of the car and give it a slightly 'chavvy' look.

It'd look great with them removed. Much cleaner and more OEM!

+1 on this. I was reluctant to use the word chavvy but eikoorb is right! cheapens the look of the car.

182 Cup
Mine were tinted by previous owner but I've had the car so long now that I think it'd look weird to me without them, also it stops people seeing the pov spec rear seat!!!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
No tints 100%.. I could never live with the silver line caused by the dot matrix around the edge of the window. Would drive me mental, hence why I have never owned a car with tints other than factory tinted glass.

Looks so much better without the tints!

I'd also loose the stickers/decals on the side skirts too.

I was waiting for someone to mention the side skirts. They're stone chip protectors :(

I don't normally like dark tints, but I think after seeing yours in person with the tints it looks awesome.

Cheers mate! Sometimes I think they look good then other times a bit chavy.

Mine were tinted by previous owner but I've had the car so long now that I think it'd look weird to me without them, also it stops people seeing the pov spec rear seat!!!

That's why I think I'll remove them sooner than later so they don't grow on me lol. Luckily the previous owner replaced the back seats with a normal sport one :)

No tints 100%.. I could never live with the silver line caused by the dot matrix around the edge of the window. Would drive me mental, hence why I have never owned a car with tints other than factory tinted glass.

I'm thinking if I don't like it without tints I could get a lighter shade put on so it still looks OEM-ish.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
For me, it's all about symmetry and consistency - I think it looks odd when you look at the car side on and the rear windows are dark black, and the fronts are transparent, if I was gonna have tints then they'd have to match all round, and given the laws on them in this country, there's no point having them at all, imo.

Clio Sport 172.
A tight call IMO, they look nice and standard without, but yours does look decent mate. Either way a beauty!!

RB Clio 182

+1 it looks sooo tacky imo, if they were factory tinted then it would look pretty good imo.

I went ahead and took them off earlier today. Well, the side ones are off but the back one still remains as I didn't have time to do that before work.

I'll have to get some photos up once the back one is off :)

Get rid of the tints, unless you're a chav and want to sit in Mansfield's finest McDonalds car park, whilst listening to badmanz music & revving your engine.

​Blud.

Last edited:

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
1000000000000000000% remove! When I had my inferno I used to cringe when seeing tints on another. It's just not a colour that suits IMO.

ps you have the perfect inferno (minus the tints of coarse ;))

I wish people read the previous posts lol. I have removed the tints now! xD

1000000000000000000% remove! When I had my inferno I used to cringe when seeing tints on another. It's just not a colour that suits IMO.

ps you have the perfect inferno (minus the tints of coarse ;))

Thanks mate :)

There's one around the corner from me without tints, that's what sort of made me think about taking mine off.

Glad I did tbh, makes such a difference inside the car, especially at night!

How much?! I think they are exactly the same but I paid less than half of that!

No spacers on the back mate and don't get any rubbing issues. - I think it's the photo that makes it look close, the wheels are actually tucked in a little.

Have 16mm spacers on the front and it rubs a bit at full lock.

I was thinking about putting my other set of 16mm's on the back but I'm not sure if I'd get away with it tbh, might have a look tomorrow.