ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno and Silky

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Me and Jezzamac after a good bit of Nando's chicken had a play with my camera.

It highlighted my need for a good tripod and a couple of flash guns. Anyway, results.

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_9995.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

C+C welcome.

182 Cup
You need to play with your lighting and white balance to get the best out of the inferno colour as it looks a bit dull and bronze, I'm no expert though you just need to experiment, it's what I do just play around with settings, I'm sure the tog buffs will give you some good tips. Other than that some good pics and a good location by the looks of it.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
And the fact he needs to clean it lol.

A few of the pics it was hard to adjust without going overboard as the natural lighting was pretty much orange. Where the boat is, the orig raw file the wb right down at the blue end and the whole image is orange. Not ideal but I've managed to get someone the colour out, just not pop. I agree though it's all bout playing.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Nice to see a standard looking inferno, needs a splitter though. Ignis looks good too, hear they are pretty popular as warm fun hatch

182 Cup
Try using a torch and light painting the cars etc, I want to get my hands on some sort of lighting rig that doesn't need a genny but not sure what would achieve this effect.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
It would of helped if my car had been cleaned in the last 2 months! Inferno is an incredibly hard car to photograph without natural light! Even when we were parked under while light it still had a tendency to come out kind of brown/bronze ish just simply due to the light pollution!

The Ignis photo'd so much better than the bean, it looks awesome!

182 Cup
Maybe a warmer white balance might bring out the inferno orange, can't think what settings I use when togging mine

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Warmer is definitely the way to go, problem is it just blends into the background bcause of the light pollution.

When I get home I'm going to play with some of the photos

182 Cup
Yeah that's it, when I go out I spend hours taking different set shots, I very rarely resort to any photoshop. Also just thought how long was your exposure, could try a longer exposure too.

182 Cup
Cool, it might be worth asking for some tips in the photography section, I've got some good tips from the guys in there.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
No point in creating a new thread...

We both had a cleaning day and it would of been rude to not take some pictures. We both cleaned, clayed, polished and sealed/waxed. Both cars were looking a lot nicer, especially the bean. It was horrid beforehand.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
No point in creating a new thread...

We both had a cleaning day and it would of been rude to not take some pictures. We both cleaned, clayed, polished and sealed/waxed. Both cars were looking a lot nicer, especially the bean. It was horrid beforehand.

Thanks James! Does look much better now.

Some of you will notice that its got its long over due splitter as well, makes a massive difference to the front of the car!