ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182 on Pro Race 1.2's

Focus ST
Thanks to Aust1n and his mate for meeting me half way and fitting the wheels for me today. I'm really pleased with them, opinions welcome.

Now for some coilovers............*reaches for wallet*

Attachments

• Austin&Pros.jpg
    Austin&Pros.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 245
  • ProGround.jpg
    ProGround.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 161
  • ProSun.jpg
    ProSun.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 178
  • BackPro.jpg
    BackPro.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 190
  • OrangePro.jpg
    OrangePro.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 188
  M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
i'd stick with springs...

coilovers + pro race 1.2s = RUB RUB... just ask leeds_182

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
trueblue said:
i'd stick with springs...

coilovers + pro race 1.2s = RUB RUB... just ask leeds_182

Surely they only rub if you drop the coilovers,ive got coilovers and its only lowered 40mm

matty w said:
Surely they only rub if you drop the coilovers,ive got coilovers and its only lowered 40mm

ahhh but do you not own a 172 matty??? they have a different offset ET38 and go perfect with the pro race alloys.. but on a cupped 182 ET45 and sticking on pro races at ET38 with coilovers aint gonnae work....

Loony said:
depends on the offset. Stick to ET45 like i did and you'll be fine.

he will need his standard alloys back then loony.... pro race are ET38...

Focus ST
I'm well aware of the offsets involved and may choose now to change the suspension at all as I don't track the car.

I'm not a lowering fiend, so if I did decide to change it, the drop would be minimal. IIRC, Leed_182 went for a pretty hefty drop.

I'm pleased at the moment :)

Focus ST
MarkM said:
Looks good Lucas would look and drive a whole lot better on a set of Ledas;)

Must admit I'm very tempted, I would only really want a 25-30mm drop max though (Surely this wouldn't cause rubbing, especially if the suspension was stiffer? More interested in the handling than the look to be honest.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I had problems with mine and they were the same as those.

If you dont slam it you should be fine.

Love the wheels though.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
trueblue said:
ahhh but do you not own a 172 matty??? they have a different offset ET38 and go perfect with the pro race alloys.. but on a cupped 182 ET45 and sticking on pro races at ET38 with coilovers aint gonnae work....

I havnt got pro race 1.2's ive got trophy wheels what i'm saying is lowering it 40mm on coilovers is no worse than lowering it 40mm on lowering springs

matty w said:
I havnt got pro race 1.2's ive got trophy wheels what i'm saying is lowering it 40mm on coilovers is no worse than lowering it 40mm on lowering springs

who said anything about 40mm lowering springs??? are trophy wheels not a completely different offset from the pro race anyhow?? and we are talking about 2 different cars here, the setp on the 172 at ET38 is completely different to the set-up on the 182 ET45...

Loony said:
I've got a set of pro race 2s sat in my garage that say different, care for a wager ?

i stand corrected pro race are ET37 (even worse)....

where did you get yours at ET45 loony... you doing a bit a machining LOL

I bought mine direct from rimstock and specified the width pcd and offset i required rather than going for an "off the shelf" set from a know nothing alloy wheel distributor, all of whom think all Mk2s run the same offset.

Loony said:
I bought mine direct from rimstock and specified the width pcd and offset i required rather than going for an "off the shelf" set from a know nothing alloy wheel distributor, all of whom think all Mk2s run the same offset.

you are correct buddy, these off the shelf dealers have no idea what so eva, they usually try and palm u off with spacers aswell... the most informative person i spoke to a few months back was YOU lol... how much did they charge u for them if you don't mind me asking??? and did they supply them with tyres??

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
I know what you mean ET37 stick out to much on a 182 all i'm saying in you can still have coilovers just cant slam it

trueblue said:
you are correct buddy, these off the shelf dealers have no idea what so eva, they usually try and palm u off with spacers aswell... the most informative person i spoke to a few months back was YOU lol... how much did they charge u for them if you don't mind me asking??? and did they supply them with tyres??

Bought my tyres from a wholesaler i deal with at work. Think it was about £750 all in but i'd have to check the invoices. I'm selling them at the moment for £450, looking for something as light but a bit more obscure to replace them.

Loony said:
Bought my tyres from a wholesaler i deal with at work. Think it was about £750 all in but i'd have to check the invoices. I'm selling them at the moment for £450, looking for something as light but a bit more obscure to replace them.

i'd prefer the black pro race 1.2s

Yamaha R6
Lucas said:
Thanks to Aust1n and his mate for meeting me half way and fitting the wheels for me today. I'm really pleased with them, opinions welcome.

Glad your happy with them mate.. as I said whilst fitting them, they look awesome.. even better in the flesh.. nothing on the steelies mind..

We'll have to link up sometime soon & hit up burger king.. pmsl..

Only photo I took of the day on my k750i.. the 1st wheel going on.. sexual.

DSC00033.gif

Last edited:
  Focus ST
The Inferno comes out quite well on your camera phone Aust1n! Felt a bit guilty letting your mate do all the work as you can see in the pic, but those burgers weren't going to eat themselves!

As you say, they look even better in the metal to be fair - I'll have to come to a meet or two! They set off the paintwork much better than the anthracite of the standard wheel. I keep taking more photos but am always slightly disappointed when I get them on my computer cos it's not quite the same.

The weight difference of the wheels I would say is noticable - feels more nimble and the widened track seems to have improved things a bit as well. I've had two passengers in the back with no signs of rubbing yet.

Yamaha R6
You wont get any rubbing dude.. u not seen how high up it is?.. lol. Pah.. Dont worry about my mate... thats why a brought him along.. I'de of been eating burgers too had I not squandered it on the cheryl tweedy FHM on the way.. lol.

Focus ST
matt182 said:
Look good what size are there

They're 16's with 205/45 tyres, so the same as standard. Only difference as already said is they're an et37 offset which has widened the track slightly.

Focus ST
So, who thinks I would have a problem with a 25-30mm drop on, say, Leda coilovers, considering I'm experiencing no rubbing at standard ride height, even with passengers in the back?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lucas said:
So, who thinks I would have a problem with a 25-30mm drop on, say, Leda coilovers, considering I'm experiencing no rubbing at standard ride height, even with passengers in the back?

i'd say it'll be fine, remember with coilovers you can set them to any height (people keep forgetting you don't actually have to lower it on coilys), you'll still see an improvement in handling, lower doesnt always = better.

i just got my car back after some accident repair (172 cup) and its back on its standard suspension (untill the weekend)and imo its just as responsive as it is with my H&R set up (slammed to the floor)!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aust1n said:
182CupWheels.gif

biggrin.gif

Not going to be that colour for long mind..

lovvin that :approve:

i think the wheels look just right as they are mind....