ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction whistle question

BG 182
Ermm, its Nout to do with exhaust, the whistle is the concern. From what I gather the noise eminates from the inlet side of things, and it isn't there on mine..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you talking about the whining sort of noise?

Mine does it really badly and ever more so when i change gear so i figured it was from the gearbox :s

Twingo Dynamique
on a serious note, dont, that seems like a very silly thing to do.. are you sure every other clio does it? maybe they have decent induction kits, or turbos on?? ( if you're talking a bout a whistle and pppsssswwhhh

BG 182
Right, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIW_fgPQa9Q ignore the fact this is a zaust vid ( what other clio vids are likely to be on youtube) listen hard after startup and there is a sooperdooper high pitched noise which follows the rpm of the engine. this is what i want to know, and what it means if mine doesnt do it as both my mates (182, 172mk2) do it :/

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I no the noise you mean now. I can't help you though sorry lol.

On another note, tut tut for revving a cold car like that :(

BG 182
dangnammmiittttt, does anyone know what the noise is? and at least you know what im on about harding haha

To me it sounds like the cam, aux belt and pulleys. On each occasion that I have had a full set of belts and pulleys the sound has seemed clearer to me. Like a whiney whistle kind of sound, but in a good, well sorted sort of way !

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
The high pitched noise is the power steering pump.. If I'm not wrong. Ask your mate with the engine running and car stationary turn the wheel lock to lock and the pitch of the noise will tell.

Hope I'm listening to the right noise but hope this helps...

BG 182
ps pump sounds probable as it follows the revs bang on.... if mine dont do it, maybe worn pump? or new pump that differs from oe?