ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kits

Clio 172 Sport
what indction kits do people recomend putting on a 172?

So far i've looked at K&N pannel filter (replacement costing £40), a pipecross induction kit (cost £80) or a Pipecross viper (cost £200).

Would you see much difference between them? Which do people recomend?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

172 Race Car
panel filter in a standard airbox or rip the lot out, relocate the battery and ecu and have a straight pipe to a cone filter behind the headlamp

A Flamin' Red one
You should forget about the Pipecross right now! I've heard nothing but bad things about these. Burp's comment about relocating the battery and ECU is a valid one but if you're after a quick and easy solution then you can't really go wrong with a panel filter. ITG seem to be a popular choice but more often than not it's just because of the name. There was a group but for a newly developed K-TEC one not too long ago and people were very happy with them for the price. Check out their website.

Personally, I'd recomend the following ;)

th_DSCN1391.gif

For the extra 0.2bhp youll get from any induction mods, i'd just save the money for chassis mods!..

Failing that a panel filter will be as good as any induction mod if the cold ir feeds are all in good nick and in the correct possition..

Clio 172 Sport
Thanks for the advice guys.
Would i see any difference in performance between the pannel filter and the cone filter?
Would a pannel filter Give me the nice induction sound?

A Flamin' Red one
You should see a slightly deeper sound with a new panel filter, yes. Before I fitted my Simota (before I knew I was going to buy one) I gave my standard one a clean and cleared out the airbox. Just that alone I thought improved things.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Panel Filters are Good and maybe just improve the CAF's to the Airbox and Remove the Acoustic Valve aswell