ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits What the best?

RenaultSport Cup 172
Im looking for an induction kit for my 172 Cup I already have blueflame exhaust (wished Id waited and done the group Buy!!) and now I want a induction kit whats the best and why? Can I fit it myself and is it best to cut the grill for the flange part of the cold air pipe?

Lionel Richie
the "experts" on here (insert Ali;)) will tell you to get a maxogen, but i think you need your head checking if you wanna spend £350 on a filter!!!

BMC or a viper

(bin all the OE air feeds they're crap)

182 Full Fat
FredYozzasport said:
(bin all the OE air feeds they're crap)

Couldn't agree more
See here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152583&highlight=air+feed

to have a look at my modified air feed, however in this weather all renault sport clios struggle a bit with heat soak!!:dapprove:
As for a filter, if you want noise but slight loss of power, then go for an open air filter like I have!!! Otherwise go for a panel filter like ITG which won't sound as nice, but will work more efficently and avoid as much heat soak :sleepy:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Origiinal Equipment . The 2 standard air feeds that go into the airbox .

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
i've recently re-fitted stock airbox reverting back from piperx open ik and seem to have lost kick at 5k, any comments??? please

or gen 2 k&n mate get the nice sound please heat deflection mine is coming today so will let everyone know....vipers overall seem to have a bad rep when they first came out it was THE filter to get now you see them on here and on ebay going for silly prices so i suppose that says they aint very good when i had one on my cup it was crap and when i went to standard the car felt alot better!!! how is your blue flame exhaust mate mine is being delivered today !!!

Ph1
clidge said:
or gen 2 k&n mate get the nice sound please heat deflection mine is coming today so will let everyone know....vipers overall seem to have a bad rep when they first came out it was THE filter to get now you see them on here and on ebay going for silly prices so i suppose that says they aint very good when i had one on my cup it was crap and when i went to standard the car felt alot better!!! how is your blue flame exhaust mate mine is being delivered today !!!

There the 2nd best thing you can fit after a maxogen imo.

Ideally and in some cases more than others a remap might be needed if a drop in power is noticed.

A more air in mod = more fuel needed to compliment the fitted mod/s :)

182 Full Fat
Noise: Get an Induction kit for the roar (but don't expect gains in power)

Performance: Get a Panel filter, but don't expect Induction roar

Choice is yours!! ;)

The Bus and MRT
Gweebs said:
Itg Panel Filter

Another vote for the ITG panel filter, had mine fitted the other day along with a K-tech stealth exhaust and it sounds superb :)

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
Black_clio said:
i've recently re-fitted stock airbox reverting back from piperx open ik and seem to have lost kick at 5k, any comments??? please
could someone actually answer the apparently hidden question in my post, instead of tellin me open IK are crap (i know this) and/or tellin me to get equally crappy viper/bmc (Maxogen on order)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Black_clio said:
could someone actually answer the apparently hidden question in my post, instead of tellin me open IK are crap (i know this) and/or tellin me to get equally crappy viper/bmc (Maxogen on order)

Did you disconnect the negative on the battery for 30 mins before you reconnected the original air box back up ? If you didn't give it a try . When i put a k+n on mine it ran as rough as a witch's tit cos i didn't disconnect the battery , when i disconnected it for 30 mins afterwards it ran fine . Worth a try mate since nobody is actually answering your question .

hi mate i have fitted my gen 2 last night now i did not disconect the battery so i am doing this tonight to see if an improved affect can be doneas it did say on the instructions so i dont know why i did not do it what adumb ass!!! anyway first of all i need an additional feed from the front to get better gains i believe but the induction noise is out of this world sounds just like a scooby now he he throttle response appears up and when you are motoring it really pulls alot harder in the mid range i am so happy with this kit as i say just need some additional feed and it should be even better highly recommended and the fact it only cost be 65 delivered of ebay and it is in unmarked as new condition i am well chuffed... will the battery disconection make a difference then?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Black_clio said:

Why don't you create your own topic instead of hijacking someone elses and then getting an attitude.

182 Full Fat
Get some pics up Clidge. Whats all this talk of battery disconnection? Will it re-set ECU to allow for change in air flow or something then??

will do mate it jsut said in the instructions to disconnect battery whilstm fitting and re connect at the end dont know what this will do can anyone confirm cheers many thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When i fitted a k+n to my 182 it cut out after a day , AA couldn't start it and towed me home . Personally i think it was over fueling . I rang k+n and he told me i should have disconnected the battery first and left it for 30 mins. So i disconnected the battery and left it for 30 mins and it was ok afterwards . I think the ecu resets itself to the different amount of air thats going into the engine compared to the standard air filter .

s**t i better do this then will it be dangerous to my engine then? i better get the fooking radio code then he he so reset for 30 mins yeah?

182 Full Fat
clidge said:
sh*t i better do this then will it be dangerous to my engine then? i better get the fooking radio code then he he so reset for 30 mins yeah?

Im gonna do this tonight. see if it changes things. Especially as I have fitted a new air feed:evil:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MRBILLYUK said:
When i fitted a k+n to my 182 it cut out after a day , AA couldn't start it and towed me home . Personally i think it was over fueling . I rang k+n and he told me i should have disconnected the battery first and left it for 30 mins. So i disconnected the battery and left it for 30 mins and it was ok afterwards . I think the ecu resets itself to the different amount of air thats going into the engine compared to the standard air filter .

Within reason yes, but outwith a tolerance it can't...Anything other than std require's mappin, even the creme' 'Maxogen'

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Ali said:
Within reason yes, but outwith a tolerance it can't...Anything other than std require's mappin, even the creme' 'Maxogen'

Just going off my experience when i changed my air filter and what i was advised to do by the bloke at k+n ( plus it says it in the instructions ) also when i did the little trick with trip computer to show any faults it was showing a "t" for injection problem . I had no problems after i disconnected the battery and left it for 30 mins .

182 Full Fat
MRBILLYUK said:
Just going off my experience when i changed my air filter and what i was advised to do by the bloke at k+n ( plus it says it in the instructions ) also when i did the little trick with trip computer to show any faults it was showing a "t" for injection problem . I had no problems after i disconnected the battery and left it for 30 mins .

Whats the little trick with the computer? Might be worth doing this just to check all is working properly! ;)

nelson182 said:
Whats the little trick with the computer? Might be worth doing this just to check all is working properly! ;)

hold down the trip computers buttons and start the car at the same time ;)

the one on the stalk!!! not the speedos