ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit question

Had 172, now 182
Have got an induction kit waiting to go on the clio, but just waiting for warrenty to expire, just incase! Anyway, have noticed that it looks like by fitting the filter, it will jus suck up warm air from the engine. Is there any sort of sheild or box that i could use to prevent this from happening?

P

phill172

yea, you can get a heat shield exactly the same as the one that Hill Power use on their induction kit from demon tweeks. What induction kit are you running? Mine just sucks straight off the raditior so hooked up a cold air feed pipe......

Had 172, now 182
Its a Green Induction kit. Reminds me, ill need to try and get a cold air feed. I bought the filter of a mate, thus didnt get a cold air feed

P

phill172

im running the same! but mine cost a fiver at the fcs! best bet is to save up and get a silicon elbow as the standered elbow gives no support, so best thing to do is to make sure theres a support underneath. As for getting a cold air feed need to do a bit of modification to get it to work well, as air flow to the engine through the standered air feed is yhite! Had a viper before and it strangled the engine! Best bet is to take a fog light out and run the feed from there! Hope it helps!

Phase 1 172, boxster
im getting a green kit soon as well mate, have a cold air feed but also need to get a heat shield lol

Had 172, now 182
lol, fairly popular kits then? cool cool. I dont really fancy taking the fog light out to be honest. Have seen a few people cut a hole on the lower front grill, looks quite good. Would love to try and keep it a orignal as possible looking tho. Anyone no where i can get any of these parts from?

P

phill172

try demon tweeks or ebay, people are always selling pipercross tubing with trumpets. i think i have a silver trumpet but no ducting if your near to guildford way. There was a guy on here selling some, go back a few pages on the for sale

P

phill172

no idea but ordering from green direct is a mission, they always take a month to answer the phone, a month to order, a month process and a month to post and then a month for f**king parcel force to find my house.....you get my point!

Phase 1 172, boxster
yep lol ordered mine a good 3 weeks ago now, they said out of stock but we will send the order to the main warehouse in germany and it should take 2-3 weeks to arrive, 3 weeks is now friday just gone and no sign lol must call them tomoz

Sorry to hijack the thread guys!

I have a question about the oval connection on that is on the engine!

Does anyone know of a induction kit which fits straight on or if there is a converter which will go onto the hole?

Sorry and Thanks

Chris

P

phill172

Sorry to hijack the thread guys!

I have a question about the oval connection on that is on the engine!

Does anyone know of a induction kit which fits straight on or if there is a converter which will go onto the hole?

Sorry and Thanks

Chris

tbh honest i havent a clue! You could phone up K-tec as im sure they would do one. or if your feeling adventurous. by yourself a filter, and some pipework and make your own...! Viper Performance do loads of really good quialty silicone hosing, at a fracture of samco prices