ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction/cat-back exhaust/remap

182, ZX9R
I realise all these subjects have been covered thousands of times but basically what I'm thinking of doing is getting a decent induction kit (not too naff looking) I've been looking mainly at the espace v6 airbox if I can get hold of one, cat-back exhaust - either k-tec supersport, scorpion rs192 or milltek - something a little louder than standard, and finally I'm thinking of getting a remap, probably from k-tec or jms.

Not too fussed about how much power I might gain just looking for something that might make it sound a bit sweeter & louder, without being stupidly loud.
Budget 600-700 quid.

If anyone has any experience of using any of the above, or can give me any advice it would be appreciated.

Looking for 182
There's a lot of varying opinions on induction kits and the like, from what I have gathered, and I am by no means an expert, don't bother unless you desperately want the extra noise. Even then, you can get some 'free' induction sound by just unplugging the feed into the standard airbox, sounds great, and no (noticeable) loss in power.

Exhaust wise, depends what you're after. If you really just want something a little louder than standard then a RS192 or Milltek will be great, and you could probably have one bought and fitted for about £400-450.

The remap, if you're up for it, just do it yourself. You can buy an RSTuner for about £80-100 second hand, then you'll need to buy a new license and performance calibration file for it (total of about 65 Euros), you can then do the remap yourself, and sell the RSTuner on for about £80-100.

Total cost, £500 tops.

Looking for 182
Hutchy, buy the above from Dean. I had the exact same work done to my Milltek and it's AWESOME. Great sound, no exhaust leaking from the crappy joins of the cat, and it's all still legal so you don't have to worry about it.

Dean, why are you selling :(

R26
Cars being sold mate, just tried to pm you about your old one, clear your inbox!

And yes, buy mine. lol

182, ZX9R
I appreciate the offer Dean but Im looking to do the same as you when I come round to selling mine in the future i.e. putting most parts on the car back to standard. I take it you both prefer the milltek over k-tec ultra or the scorpion rs192?

The removal of the silencer makes it sound pretty nice on the videos. milltek and scorpion are both within about 10 mins of where I live so might have a drive over or give them a call see if I could get one of their exhausts straight from the factory without a centre silencer, but I might be getting a bit too optimistic there lol.

R26
Okay mate, I emailed miltek and they wouldn't sell me a straigt through instead of centre silencer, and you wouldn't get the 2 1/2 cat outlet ;)

There's usually plenty kicking a out when you come to sell, not ATM apparently though :(