ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just some bonus figures while I was there really, obviously Chris did the original mapping with the spiky weak actuator then had Phoenix technologies fit the boost control and supporting software which was setup near enough spot on and what I went to the ring with.... Loved it.. But while on the rollers sorting out a few jerky throttle issues and a few off boost lean splutters he fine tuned the boost control, timing and fuelling... I'd like to think anyone could just jump in a drive it easily (apart from the helix noisy s**t bag t**t ball bag clutch chirping away when reversing, pulling away and down shifts, cunting thing) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Very small update on fuel system, had a bit of a weeping return pipe where I had to bond a pipe connector on, fuel eats anything!!
2c90267778d7272ba17d58599347f760.jpg

Noticed a small smell of petrol so sorted straight away with a nice AN6 bulkhead 90 degree elbow and some 8mm barb connections.... Great success!!
d17ee4ad08e8a54292c4d798168095d3.jpg
f7179f7d87e0d8c4d8923d035f2afb35.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Front lights are looking a bit shite so gave one a trial go at lunch time with a kit from @Chi

Before....
d11b2238a7087b174d7b44dece5fbb84.jpg
cc0af1814f6554667fb6f7404f99006e.jpg

After.....
a79ab6ce6c570834efea884c150a5ac8.jpg

Pretty chuffed, only took 30mins.... The other side will probably come up better now I have the technique down!! I'll prob go over this side again if it needs it :) top tip use loads of water, they dry quick in this weather!!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
As said, the one you've done looks loads better, need to do this on my Bean as one is about 100 times worse than the other.

What kit did you use?

RB Clio 182
Oh s**t!! What happened, just gave up or can't get into 2nd?

Just 2nd gear gone mate, it feels like your in neutral when you are in second, all other gears work fine, no crunching or anything, even when it happened there wasnt any funny noises and the gear stick still goes in the second position like normal with no crunching etc, its just got no drive.

I have ordered a used box in good condition and i am getting it fitted at clioturbo when it arrives for a price that cant be beaten.

Andy is a very good bloke!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just 2nd gear gone mate, it feels like your in neutral when you are in second, all other gears work fine, no crunching or anything, even when it happened there wasnt any funny noises and the gear stick still goes in the second position like normal with no crunching etc, its just got no drive.

I have ordered a used box in good condition and i am getting it fitted at clioturbo when it arrives for a price that cant be beaten.

Andy is a very good bloke!

Ah bummer mate, at least it'll be sorted soon! Diff time?? ;)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I tried that kit. I couldnt get a good result. I bet its my drill being too slow, It was about to die.

Will borrow a faster drill and try again.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
No, I could just use 500, 800 then 3000 from our Bodyshop but just used the discs with plenty of water, worked really well, I have a fairly high speed air drill which helped A lot too, I think the main advantage of this kit is its nice and compact so you concentrate on small portions at a time rather than loosing where you are with a DA sander or similar bulky tools.... Plus it's all ready to use!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
WIll have to redo this then. I should be able to borrow a mains drill so wont have to worry about battery.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
e7d0b0a08f02be7e6667591d6da7dc0c.jpg

Did the other side today, looks good...
6a3fbb27665204262a0fe687dc1d5a5f.jpg

Will say though, my lights weren't as bad as some I have seen and buy the second light the single 3000 disc was getting a bit tired, had to work a lot harder to get it back to perfect, they aren't 100% but 100% better than they were and really improve the front end... Good results! :)

Reactions: DV8

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
They look great and I know what you mean about not being perfect. I spent ages doing my lights wet sanding like crazy - working my way through the different grades and even machine polished them after that too. But they werent completely immaculate, few small stone dents and some patchy areas around one edge. planning on doing them again this summer.

If only your initials were KFT then the number plate would be quite funny.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
They look great and I know what you mean about not being perfect. I spent ages doing my lights wet sanding like crazy - working my way through the different grades and even machine polished them after that too. But they werent completely immaculate, few small stone dents and some patchy areas around one edge. planning on doing them again this summer.

If only your initials were KFT then the number plate would be quite funny.

A couple of guys at work said they looked brand new, I'm just a fussy fucker!!

I bought a fiesta RS turbo when I a long time ago, got it home and my parents said nice number plate.... I didn't know what they meant until I properly looked, it was H711 NCY..... I literally bought a car with my name on the plate and didn't realise, the car was at my work for nearly a year too while the customer decided what to do about his blown up CVH engine and Turbo.... As soon as I found out it was illegal spacing time

H71 INCY

Still have the plates but like LO04KFT for some reason!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
*****UPDATE******

Got myself a new set of Brembos! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] got some 300mm discs on the way that I will get the R26r pattern machined into, going to order brake lines from French people and need to either get some brackets machined up or just bite the bullet and order some PMS ones, will post more when I get more

6524b0b2f12342da547e38e7cd24e41b.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
*****UPDATE******

Got myself a new set of Brembos! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] got some 300mm discs on the way that I will get the R26r pattern machined into, going to order brake lines from French people and need to either get some brackets machined up or just bite the bullet and order some PMS ones, will post more when I get more

6524b0b2f12342da547e38e7cd24e41b.jpg