ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In which order...?

Mercedes C320!
hey, i am just starting to get into to the world of detailing ( Bad idea i no!)

I did read rich's guide but i could make it out. I already have alot of autoglym products at home (all to be precise!) , however i have just ordered some more stuff.

I have just ordered this ... Car-Lack 68 - Hand polish kit to try as the car has alot of little scratches and swirls. I have also just ordered Chemical Guys - XXX Hardcore Paste Wax.

However i was just wondering if i have the application order correct before i start anythink.

1) Wash the car using two bucket methods using a wash mitt.

2) Dry the car using a large microfibre cloth.

3) Try out the car lack polishing kit!

4) Polish the car using SRP.

Then next i dont no whether i will need to EGP and then use the chemical guys wax, or to wax then EGP or just not borther with the EGP!

Any help would be very greatful, also please dont be to harsh as we all have to start somewhere :eek:

Cheers Luke

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Personnally id leave out the srp and the egp.

Use the carlack on its own then put the wax on top.

If you wanted to use it all then it would go: carlack, srp, egp, wax.

I havent used that wax though so i am not sure how well it would bond to the egp. Should be oright though.

Have you thought or heard of clay? Probally worth claying before you polish and put the wax on. Will give you a nice smooth contaminant free surface.

if the carlack polish works you shouldnt need to do SRP again, dont know if the EGP would bond properly without it though.

XXX Is a great wax, oily and leaves a great finish, i use it all the time. Just make sure you lay down a good few coats and get a solid sealant underneath as it isnt terribly durable.

Good luck!

Mercedes C320!
ok then do you think i should miss out the SPG and just do the EGP and then the wax...?

Thanks for your help again!

106 GTi
No - You need to lay the SRP down after Carlack hand polish to allow the EGP to bond.

XXX is about as durable as chocolate so definitely get a couple of layers of EGP on before waxing.

Mercedes C320!
ok thanks then rich... i did wonder wen you would come in and help lol. i wish i had your knowledge! :)