ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In what order?

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hi!

As the weather is getting better I have been thinking of giving my 182 a nice all over clean. It hasn't had a big clean for ages.

This is the method I was thinking of doing but I'm not sure it's the right way of going about it,

1) Wash (2 bucket method)
2) Polish (srp)
3) Wax (AG EGP)

That is it.

I have been looking at Auto Finesse Iron remover (like IronX) and it looks good for the wheels but can you use it on the paintwork?

Thanks!

172 Cup
I'd go for clay, de tar and iron removal for step 2. You'll be amazed what comes off.
Be warned though the stuff stinks lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yep that's correct. Iron X is perfectly fine to use on paintwork. Just make sure you remove all of it before doing anything else.

RB Clio 182
snowfoam, rinse, wash wheels & de grease arches, rinse, wash car, rinse, clay, wash car again, rinse, dry, polish, sealant, wax, dress tyres and trims then quick detail the car and wheels to remove any products that might have gone on the paintwork and wheels then finally clean the windows.

Thats what i do anyway, it might not be right but it works well for me :)

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Snowfoaming is going to be expensive if you don't have a pressure washer & lance. Instead, stick some pre-wash in a pump sprayer with warm water... cheap and bloody effective.

172 CUP
Or just do what im doing and get it detailed professionally (I know it's lazy but have better things to do than spend 6 hours cleaning) ;)

172 CUP
I clean it most weekends and spend a good couple of hours on it but decided i want a professional job doing (clay'd, ironx'd, machine polished and waxed) and then it'll be a bit easier to mantain. Hopefully get it done end of April so will get some pics up.