ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of some help guys! Slight electrical fault :(

Clio 172 sport
Hi guys,
bit bit if a random one, well maybe not to you but here we go! Driving my 02 172 tonight and I noticed when I put it in reverse the rear fog light symbol starts flashing really faintly :/ personally I think earth problem. Also have noticed that I have to push abit hard on my brakes for the brake lights to come on, even tho I have just replaced the brake switch like a week ago due to fault code after being code read.

Dont knoe if this might have anything to do with it but car keeps going into limp mode due to throttle position sensor at fault, only mentioning this as was wondering if it could be a main earth fault making all this happen :/

Any help much appreciated Michael

If it helps a common problem when pressing the brake pedal is the rear fog light on the dash illuminates, this is normally because of moisture in the rear light clusters, the fix it to take them apart, and clean them up, spray a bit of WD40 or similar in the clusters. also there are rear earths just behind the boot carpet beside each rear light, might be worth checking they are clean and give them a squirt of grease or a clean up with a wire brush.

It may solve your problem worth a try.

Limp mode I cant help you with, maybe a throttle body problem or sensor in the pedal... im sure someone else will be able to help.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
First step is to remove rear lights, unplug them and give the metal pins in the rear cluster a clean preferably with a wire brush

Clio 172 sport
Thanks guys I'm going to try that tonight, hopefully sorts it. :) the limp mode problem is a throttle Position problem due to the fault code it bringing up, just didn't know I'd this still could be caused but a bad main earth from bat to chassis or to engine but with bang a jump leed on negertive to eliminate that one ;)