ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In car videos with speed/time overlays

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'll start of by apologising for bringing this up :)

I am a complete technophobe when it comes to things like this so go easy on me please guys

I've got a genuine sj4000 that I use in the car on track, and I've read up about the likes of Harry's lap timer, racechrono and the rest but I have no idea how you'd go about connecting the two.

I've read various other threads on here regarding video overlays but it all seems to go over my head I'm afraid.

Would anybody be kind enough to help out with an idiots guide to how it's all done? When it comes to computers I can use the web and that's about it

Thanks

Ads

Brushwood69

ClioSport Club Member
I use a cheap eBay obd2 wi-fi dongle that relays live data to your app of choice Harry's or track addict. Then you use your phone camera so need a solid dash mount. If you then want to use the data from the phone with a gopro/sjcam then it becomes a bit more difficult and it's best to you a dedicated piece of software. I use track addict which allows multiple cams etc but does cost £30

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk