ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Improving Handling Of My Clio

Astra Twintop
Evening all.

After my little prang yesterday, which has resulted in me need several new suspension components.....

is there any ways and means of sorting out the quite shocking handling of my clio 1.6?

ive got turini's to go on her soon, tyres are to be sourced by myself, so i know nothing about em, so idea's please!

im a total newbie to anything suspension related so any help would be greatly appreciated.

i know lowering may help, and ive got my eye on a trip to K-tec to sort that out.

i dont want this turning into a "your fault" thread, as im sure everyone has bumped their car in the past!

LY 182
they handle fantastic standard,, if yours handles shocking i'd first look at rectifying its faults

Astra Twintop
it was a bit wet, and i suspect the road may have been not of the greatest standard.

its slipped a couple of times prior to the event yesterday, might be the tyres on her, soon as the Turini's go on, its Eagle F1's

As ditz said they handle well as standard, what tyres have you got on it at the min & how worn are they ?

Astra Twintop
Nexens on the front (ive apportioned blame to these) and conti sports on the back.

nexens are nearly new, got bout 300 miles on em

Never heard of nexen tyres -ever, are they budget jobbies ?

New tyres go on the back usually, then you take it easy for bit until they wear in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tyres are the only contact you have with the road. At all.

I'm fucked if i'll put 'Nexens' on my car and blame the handling.

Get some decent rubber and it will transform it. Renault don't spend millions of pounds developing a car to be run on 99p budget tyres.

All imo of course ;)

PH1 172, E39
had nexxen on my Megane Classic..
Worse tyres to drive in especially when it rains..makes u feel as if the car wana skid.

1 Series Coupe

I'm f**ked if i'll put 'Nexens' on my car and blame the handling.

Get some decent rubber and it will transform it. Renault don't spend millions of pounds developing a car to be run on 99p budget tyres.

All imo of course ;)

Daniel, that opinion is very good indeed! :star:

Astra Twintop
they come from the dealer, i said to him id be willing to pay extra for a set on Conti Sports or F1's

never materialised, new wheels are due to go on soon!

Astra Twintop
they will be going!

the spare has a conti sport on im sure....
that leaves one Nexen to be "removed"

I'm f**ked if i'll put 'Nexens' on my car and blame the handling.

All imo of course ;)

Man speaketh the truth.