ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Important Warning to Clio owners!!!

Happily got a CAT1 now... as well a steering lock... And its an RT... Which means they wouldnt want it if the doors were open and the keys were in the ignition! Yay!

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 02 May 2003

ice man, was sure i posted just after you mate but must have fecked it up, work for one of the big players!
Hmm, must be one of the rivals then... Id hazard a guess at UK Insurance/Direct Line??? If so then Im across the road... I think youll know where I mean! lol

If so, youll prob see my car every day then?? Cos its always parked in Cadogan St? Black Clio Sport lowered with 17"s, tints, Scorpion exhaust etc?

not direct line, i couldnt work for the devil! work for royal sun! will take a walk down and have a shifty one day and see your motor!

Ahh. I thought RSAd moved out the city recently? Are they not out at Bishopbriggs or somewhere these days? Maybe I got that wrong. Interestingly enough, you actually insure my car as Im with More Than! If youre going to look at my car, the times its definitely there are Wed, Thurs and Fri 4-8ish

we were at 206 st vincent street, office has major structural probs so down in west george street at the mo above lloyds no 1 bar then going to our other office at 200 st vincent street in mid may.

so what you do at esure?

yeah esp from those muppets at direct line, we aint too taken by the fact they are now using in house solicitors to deal with personal injury claims and uninsured losses, everything with direct line is shady.....used to work at Criminal Injury Compensation Authority....now you seen the finest claims ever there!

Quote: Originally posted by theICEman on 02 May 2003

Ahh. I thought RSAd moved out the city recently? Are they not out at Bishopbriggs or somewhere these days? Maybe I got that wrong. Interestingly enough, you actually insure my car as Im with More Than! If youre going to look at my car, the times its definitely there are Wed, Thurs and Fri 4-8ish
Cheers mate, we will have the low loader waiting for you to leave your car on one of those days.

;)

Paul

My god, Paul its you thats been stealing these Clios, Im shocked!!! Not content with just one clio, you obviously love them so much youre looking to expand your collection, eh?!

But its a very good point! Bearing in mind what this thread was about originally!!

but dont worry, your IPs logged with the Cliosport fellas. If my car goes AWAL Ill find out where to look!

And anyway, you might find the cars a little, hmm, difficult to steal! Ill leave that to you to find out exactly what I mean!!!

Well I am not a theiving little sh*t head scum bag but if I put a lifting brace under your car and lifted it onto the car with one of those mini craines that come attatched to lorrys then it shouldnt be a problem. Get some flurescent jackets and make up dodgy paper work. Then if your alaram goes off with the lifting then I just tell people that ask that your cars being impounded for some reason or another. If need be smash the window pop the bonnet and disconect the battery. Eventually (if you have one) the battery power will run out on the battery back up alarm. Then I can sort out the window replacement and disabling the alarm and imobaliser at my own leasure.

Of course the only problem would be if you had a R.E.D I was on about. Then the thief would certainly know about it. Especially when his torso and legs end up flying 100 metres in different directions. hehehehehe

Or I suppose a tracker would mean the police could find me. But that only needs finding and breaking.

Paul

silver valver/hybrid

does anyone remember a program a few years back (probably not) where they put 50 cars on a car park, and got two proffesional car security men to try and break into all of them. One owner was talking to the camera spouting off about he bought the car mainly for its security meanwhile behind him these two guys got in, started and drove off in his car in under 15 seconds! The only car they couldnt get into under five minutes was the vw passat.

i think the lucky thing is that clios are of course relatively low value cars, i cant see pros going for my 1.4 when for example they could have the jag from next door, the alfa across the road etc, if its pros getting for buyers it will be the expensive makes they will nick. clios i would say are more victims for little joy riding ned scum.

some basic common sense will protect your investment like a steering wheel lock etc