ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Imobilzer problem?

Clio 172
I have a Clio sport 172, sometimes I turn my key and the red light on the dash flashes and won't crank over and sometimes it starts straight up and the light doesn't flash, does this mean is this a Imobilzer problem?

1.2 16V Dynamique
It may be that the shoulder around the ignition is intermittently picking up the signal from the chip. I know this may sound daft, but try tapping the blade point of your key against a hard surface a few times. I had this problem, couldn't work it out, and when I finally gave in and took it to a garage, they did just that and pointed out that the chip in my key may have become misaligned.

I hope that's not me being taken for a fool, but you never know what works sometimes :D

Clio 172
It may be that the shoulder around the ignition is intermittently picking up the signal from the chip. I know this may sound daft, but try tapping the blade point of your key against a hard surface a few times. I had this problem, couldn't work it out, and when I finally gave in and took it to a garage, they did just that and pointed out that the chip in my key may have become misaligned.

I hope that's not me being taken for a fool, but you never know what works sometimes :D

Cheers mate will give it a try! Doesn't sound to stupid if it works it works lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's its intermittent and all your interior locking, wipers, lights etc work then it's likely the black relay in the fuse box. Little one closest to the engine. Our dci has same problem and this has solved for £12

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
7700414484 is the part number I believe. Some new ones on eBay. The engine bay fuse box that is

Clio 172
100% was our problem. I also had this problem on another dci when the uch failed but all the windows, locking etc also bust at the same time.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?660687-Engine-fuses-relays

in this thread you can see. Swap around 4 and 5 and see if the problem goes. Should do providing one of the relays doesn't have the intermittent problem (they are both the same, one for fan one for ECU)

Okay, I think I'll buy a relay and try it out see if it is the problem