ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Immobilisers

Is the standard immobiliser on the 172 any good? I was thinking of getting security windows fitted and maybe improving the security to prevent the car from being driven away or it stalling after 100 yards.
Anyone have any good suggestions, might go to pentagon for the windows and have them tinted as well - although do you think that tinted windows will attract more preying eyes?

172 Cup

I went to Pentagon to get a quote for security window film. They are apparently the only company in the uk to provide security film with a Thatcham Q rating. Decided against it as they quoted me £650 and that was their "special Offer" price too!!!

Griff

I think the prices Jas put up in the members area are a lot cheaper than that (but they include a 15% member discount).

Is £500 a lot to pay for tinting and security protecting? Do many insurance companies give discount for security film and do you have to pay extra on the insurance for window tints?

172 Cup

Havent seen the prices for members but they could have altered their prives since I asked for a quote. As for discounts on insurance I could not find any insurers willing to offer me a discount if I had security window film fitted.

Griff