ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iMac Help/Advice needed please :-)

R26r R26
Having recently turned into a lover of Apple just before Christmas I purchased an iMac. Pretty much from day one I have had problems with the wireless keyboard connecting when I turn it on. Normally results in having to switch off and turn off at the mains at least 3 times for it to work. I have made a few phone calls to Apple care and also taken it back to store twice. Yesterdays visit resulted in them giving me a new keyboard and mouse and them telling me that if that doesn't resolve the problem I will just have to "put up with it" as there is nothing they can do about it. Well, when I arrived home and set it up again the problem still persists. If anyone else has had this problem or could offer some advice I would appreciate your comments as I am starting to pull my non existant hair out. Many thanks. :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Try re-pairing it. If not, it's clearly a hardware issue with the machine itself, and will be covered under the one year's Applecare you get with a new machine.

Don't be fobbed off. It's surprising they told you to put up with it, that's not the way Apple normally deal with things, we leave that to PC users.

Try using fresh batteries too. You never know how long those cells have been in the box for.

R26r R26
I have tried re pairing and also installing new batteries Christopher and still no joy :( According to the tests they did when I took it back to store, there is not a hardware problem. They have also said it could be caused by outside interference e.g Cordless Phone, BT Homehub. I have moved these away from the vicinity but to no avail. I too was surprised by the fellas comment as when I phoned up AppleCare they were really helpful and when I had an issue with my phone they couldn't have done more to help.

My one at work done this with my mouse once. (I use a wired keyboard as I need a num pad)

In the end I plugged in a normal mouse and left it for a few days. Never done it since.

Apparently its quite common.