ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I'm back

FULL FAT 182
I know it's been a while but i thought i would post some pics of my new
clio 1.8 16v, i have owned the car for around 7 weeks now and here are some photos of my current work. I used to own a monacco blue mk1 clio hybrid around 14 months ago but due to many problems i sold it.
so after hunting around for the last 3 months i finally found a decent one with all the service history currently on 82k and well looked after.I went all the way to peterborough to pick this up and bought this off a chap whos owned it for the last 8 years only covering 20k in his ownership, its mainly standard apart from a stainless 2.5" magnex exhaust system and a k&n induction kit both fitted over 8 years ago .

Just after i picked it up
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Well as your well aware 14 year old clio have problems with rust, so after saving up for a couple of weeks i had enough money to book it into the body shop.I had rust on both arches, dent on the bonnet, flakey paint on the rear bumper, dig and scuffs on the front bumper done. And just got all of the parking dinks taken out.Now it looks a bit fresher with a new set of foglights.

Before

IMGP0640.jpg

IMGP0642.jpg

IMGP0646.jpg

IMGP0660.jpg

IMGP0653.jpg

IMGP0652.jpg

After

IMGP0667.jpg

IMGP0668.jpg

IMGP0666.jpg

IMGP0671.jpg

IMGP0672.jpg

IMGP0673-1.jpg

IMGP0663.jpg

Polished Cam cover and engine bay

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

The only thing that lets the car down now it the wheels, so i got some 16" Speedline turini's from ebay which will be referbished in Anthersite with new Yokohama tyres.

b637_1.jpg

b6b3_1.jpg

Thanks for looking, and looking forward to comments.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I prefer the ones that are on the car very much, don't put the turinis on, it'll ruin an already nice looking car!

And sell the turinis to Speccy.

BMW E92/Audi S3
I prefer the ones that are on the car very much, don't put the turinis on, it'll ruin an already nice looking car!

Listen to Haz. He always makes the best decisions recently

FULL FAT 182

Listen to Haz. He always makes the best decisions recently

Ive just paid for them and there going on in a couple of weeks once they have been powdercoated, im still keeping the standard wheels as i will use them for the winter.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good find m8 and great 'after' shots too. I always love the front-on view of these - they look so aggressive.

The Turinis are a good idea. Probably not for the purists, but I think they will look smart on there. :)

D.

FULL FAT 182
Good find m8 and great 'after' shots too. I always love the front-on view of these - they look so aggressive.

The Turinis are a good idea. Probably not for the purists, but I think they will look smart on there. :)

Ive always like the look of the turinis especially on the MK1's, i might have to ask for a photoshop at sometime to see what they will look like.

D.

Dont sell the turinis! They look awesome on valvers

Dont worry im not going to sell them, to be honest i only paid for them yesterday and should arrive by monday.

Welcome back Nick, any other plans for it at all mate ??
It looks better now than when you picked it up.

Lol, get out ! Valvers really do look the nuts on turini's. TomSX's old one looked cracking on them.

Looks like a good project, Turinis look great on valvers, I would stick with silver though don't bother with anthracite.

FULL FAT 182
Welcome back Nick, any other plans for it at all mate ??
It looks better now than when you picked it up.

Lol, get out ! Valvers really do look the nuts on turini's. TomSX's old one looked cracking on them.

Well you never know whats around the corner Craig, im looking at getting some 4 pots in the near future but not for another month or so. The referb and new tyres will set me back a few quid but will look good.

LY V6 with Recaros
Looking good, I think the wheels will look nice on it. Don't think I've ever seen turinis on a valver so make sure you put some after pics up! :)

FULL FAT 182
Looking good, I think the wheels will look nice on it. Don't think I've ever seen turinis on a valver so make sure you put some after pics up! :)

I will do Deb, i havent seen you since the bluewater meet 2 years ago, i think we should arrange another photoshoot soon.Pm me if your up for it as i can borrow my dads nikon D80 camera.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah cool, are you coming to any meets at all? There's one at Hastings next month

ValverInBits
very nice mate. Love Mk1s

IMHO go back to a standard/closed air box. Although valvers sound THE SEX with cone filters on them, you can literally feel the power increase from it sucking cold air.

FULL FAT 182
Yeah cool, are you coming to any meets at all? There's one at Hastings next month

Yeah im sure i can meet you on route, i live around 15min from the dartford bridge. i should have the wheels on by than and maybe lowered a bit if i can find my angle grinder joke.

FULL FAT 182
very nice mate. Love Mk1s

IMHO go back to a standard/closed air box. Although valvers sound THE SEX with cone filters on them, you can literally feel the power increase from it sucking cold air.

I managed to fit a standard airbox on last weekend, and its running a hell of alot better and burning less fuel too.:)