ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Im back in a clio sport! (new clio 197 owner)

CLIO 197 Ultra red
Just picked up my new (to me) clio 197

I had a new at the time 2004 clio 182 with cup pack and always fancied a 197 and looked for ages for the right one! I wanted either a mint 182 trophy or a 197 with the right spec (cup pack and recaro's)

so my new car is 2007, red with cup pack, recaro's, xenon lights, keyless entry and A/C. the spec and colour i wanted!

Im well happy with it so far and think it drives better miles better than the civic type r i looked at (what is all the fuss about with those cars??!!) and it feels quicker and more fun than the mk5 golf gti's i considered before buying this. it feels quicker than i remember the 182 being too and it feels less twitchy and a bit more refined but more grippy.

i will post some photos tomorrow when its daylight!

Evora, C-HR & A180
good spec mate:), mines the same bar recaro's, xenons and red brembos (i had cup suspension put on myself ), although il be adding xenons soon

CLIO 197 Ultra red
i took the car for a good run in the country yesterday and i love it. it feels punchier than my 182 did and the handling is amazing.

i did the meguiars 3 stage clean, polish and wax today and it looks amazing. well pleased with it!

got to ge a touch up pen from renault tomorrow as there is a little chip on the roof but all in all its a great looking clean little car.

im also going to fit a new cd player tomorrow as the standard one is a bit poor and i miss my ipod.

Attachments

• DSC02094.jpg
    DSC02094.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC02101.jpg
    DSC02101.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
  Turbo LY R27
erm...why are the bump strips not colour coded?! The brakes arnt red either, u sure its a cup pack? The red brembos are usually the big giveaway? And the wheels like darker? Looks nice tho mate im glad your enjoying it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
100% not cup-packed fella, as mentioned should have red Brembos and rear calipers. Also the height gives it away as cupped cars are a bit lower. Are the bump strips painted, as they should be colour coded the same colour as the car......unless the previous owner blacked them to match the refurbed wheels, which should be silver

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
100% not cup-packed fella, as mentioned should have red Brembos and rear calipers. Also the height gives it away as cupped cars are a bit lower. Are the bump strips painted, as they should be colour coded the same colour as the car......unless the previous owner blacked them to match the refurbed wheels, which should be silver
Were the standard 197's available without climate?

CLIO 197 Ultra red
Yeah the rubbing strips are the same colour as the wheels. Its got normal ac not climate which inprefer. The climate on my 182 was rubbish.

How much is it for cup suspension from dealer or used?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah the rubbing strips are the same colour as the wheels. Its got normal ac not climate which inprefer. The climate on my 182 was rubbish.

How much is it for cup suspension from dealer or used?

If you think the handling is amazing i wouldn't bother.

Turbo LY R27
Did they sell it to you as a cup pack mate?

Just get kw v1 coilovers, probably cheaper and imo better.

Last edited:
  CLIO 197 Ultra red
no the lad who sold it didnt know what the cup pack was. i had just assumed it had the cup suspension done though as the wheels were grey. they were recently refurbed but he said they were that colour when he bought the car too. the 1st owner must have changed the colour.

i have to go to renault tomorrow anyway so will price up the parts. apparently non cup cars seem to respond well to aftermarket springs so i may just get a set of h&r's or eibach's.

the k1 kit seems pretty good value but i want to keep the car fairly standard in its geometry and handling characteristics