ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im allergic to vi help me

i want a text editor for linux (ubuntu gutsy gibbon) thats better than vi as i can never remember the commands as i use it so infrequently.

something along the lines of wordstar for dos if anyone remembers it or just something where i dont need to use commands to just insert a fricking letter or another one to change one letter etc so semi graphical (no gui installed) doesnt need mouse though

anyone ?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i f**king hate command line, i'm a gui windows person through and through but when i have to piss around with esx i always use nano, acts like notepad so is a piece of piss!

Even i can use it!

182FF with cup packs
lol. Double geek fail. ;)

:q!

For me it's sometimes a case of all 3, some swearing, having to reload the file again because i forgot to hit esc 97 times before doing anything and now realise that I have :wq! no right in the middle of what i was editing :(

Thing is, I used to use Wordstar back in the day and I was pretty good with it. I fail horribly with vi though.

To many years using a mouse I'm afraid.

vi's a dangerous thing when you're using it to mess with rather important files on firewalls :dead:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i f**king hate command line, i'm a gui windows person through and through but when i have to piss around with esx i always use nano, acts like notepad so is a piece of piss!

Even i can use it!

Ah, command lines are great. Nothing wrong with a bit of CMD, black screen and away you go.

I've forgotten most of the command prompts I used to us from the DOS days though. :(

D.

For me it's sometimes a case of all 3, some swearing, having to reload the file again because i forgot to hit esc 97 times before doing anything and now realise that I have :wq! no right in the middle of what i was editing :(

Thing is, I used to use Wordstar back in the day and I was pretty good with it. I fail horribly with vi though.

To many years using a mouse I'm afraid.

vi's a dangerous thing when you're using it to mess with rather important files on firewalls :dead:

thats my problem too lol yesterday i was playing with the interface file granted not exactly disastrous if i break it but its a pita if i do