ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ignition switch help!

Im wondering if anyone can sort me out?

I cant seem to find where the ignition switch is?

I have taken the top half of the casing off from where the steering wheel is and I cant seem to see anything like the part I have! Underneath the bottom half of the plastic looks empty!

Can anyone shed any light on where this is located\?

Cheers

The Ignition switch. From looking at pictures, the part I have, clips in the back of the barrel and then plugs in somewhere! Just wondering if it is defo at the back on the barrel.

Cheers

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
the ingiton barrel is one piece which then has a connector coming out of it and plugs to the right of the steering collum,

why you trying to replace it just out of curiosity

Because its faulty. My car was having trouble starting up. And they only cleaned up the ignition switch and said it may need a new one again soon. And now its doing the same thing again!

When they have written "ignition switch", do you think they were refering to the barrel as well? Because I have ordered an "ignition switch" and its just the wiring that attaches to the back as far as I can gather!

Cheers!

Ahh, I see what you mean now.

If its just a black/white block with four wires coming out of it, you need to remove the barrel to change it. To get the barrel out of the column, you have to put your key in and turn it inbetween position 1 and position 2, until the small retaining lugs will push inwards (that hold it in place). Then slide it out.

Once its out, undo the two torx bits on the back of the barrel and it will split into two. From there, you'l see the ignition switch unit and you can just swap it over. Put the barrel back together with the torx screws then slot it back into the column and plug it in...

I have a couple of barrels lying around if you are struggling to see what I mean... I can get pics later if you need them.