ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If this swap worth it?

Nothing at the mo :(
hey all

someone please help me! lol.. is this a good swap

my clio 182.. tax ends this month and mot march 2011.. fsh with 30k mileage

For this saxo but with standard seats and normal seatbelts and i get the OMP steering wheel to + 3k my way

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1801797.htm

Whatcha think?

So his saxo +3k for my clio?

i know people are saying your downgrading but i know.. new flat 1st july and i need some cash!!

200 Gordini
I know what i'd rather have.. I hate Saxos so for that reason, I'm out.

If you're getting a new car in July anyway then i'd wait tbh.

I know its a downgrade but it means we can be stable in the flat while having a car to run plus having 3k to fall back on..

I know its not a 182 speed. but its something cheap to run plus its got coilovers on it so i can track day it when times come up :d

A.J

F360 BCGT 182
If it's going to help you secure a roof over your head then go for it!

It's not as if you cant ever get another 182, there's loads for sale :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
There is plenty of other cars id sooner consider than that mate.

I gather your expecting in the region of £5650 for the 182?

There is plenty of cheaper to run cars out there than a Saxo VTR id think!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
VTR's are good motors. My gf had one for 3 years (standard) and they are a good drive. Very good playful handling imo!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its damn pricey for what it is.

Modifications dont add value to a car, certainly not to a Saxo VTR

Thats fairly decent VTS/GTi money mate, do what you thinks right but have a damn good hunt around PH and AT before parting, also, will it be easy to sell on? Standard cars sell far easier than modified examples

Evo 6, E92 320d
Are vtr's worth more like 1-2k tops? There's one near me for £800, could be a wrong'un though.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
mate take 1 look at that VTR and think long and hard at the amount of DEATH its had!!! its probs suffered more pain than a torture victim!!

baring in mind.. mine needs taxing which i said im not doing..

And yeah its a downgrade this year.. maybe 1-2 years i may go back up to a 182

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
na mate u will no doubt be just as much outa pocket fixing the saxo tbh probs oil leaks everywhere there all the same buckets of crap u will actually cry if u sit and drive this day by day! u will just say why why! get a half decent newer car with a smaller engine and ul at least not have any problems like a 05 1.4 clio or summat

ive had 2 VTS in the past.. i know how saxos work

And main reason is he is willing to PX with my clio.. which im not getting any attention with atm

hopefully the car with come with a free cambelt change too :p got a quickshift aswell.. he has done alot of work on it

PH1 V6
VTS OR GTI you know its the only way to save money and have fun! just find a GOOD example and you cant really go wrong :)

clio 182
He's deffinately getting the better end of the deal, I say no you'll miss the 182 after a week or two and regret it.Saxos arnt made aswell as the Clio that's why there nippy as there light.

Im not bothered if i miss the 182 .. i cant afford to egt it back.. reason why im selling the 182 cause its getting difficult to run atm with my current situaation

Stagecoach Ticket
i wouldent even consider it tbh!
as people have said above if its just a temp car till u get the flat sorted mayswell just get a cheap run around or a lesser 1.2.

Vtrs are slow and shitly made! loads of issues with them even though they are cheap to fix.

i wouldent even consider it tbh!
as people have said above if its just a temp car till u get the flat sorted mayswell just get a cheap run around or a lesser 1.2.

Vtrs are slow and s**tly made! loads of issues with them even though they are cheap to fix.

which costs money.. which defeats the object of me getting 3k extra to pay of some bills

Stagecoach Ticket
+ you could buy a saxo for £1000 and pick up some cheap collies on one of the forums for like £100 and u have the same saxo more or less

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You look at saxo's in parts, not as a whole:

BMC CDA carbon - £50
raceland 4-2-1 manifold £90
supersprint centre pipe - £50
supersprint 2 inch race backbox - £70
Sparco Crimson Alloy wheels - £200
Geronimo cages 6 point, 38mm, bolt in roll cage - £200
omp corsica replica steering wheel - £50
spax psx adjustable suspension kit lowering the car 40mm - £140

Those parts will sell for £850 all day long, & standard replacements would cost £150 or so. So thats £700 profit in the mods.

A standard 2003 vtr is worth £2k all day long, they are still very much in demand to younger drivers as they are quick(ish), great to drive, cheap to mod & insure.

So if you did that car + £3k, then put it back to standard, you'd effectively be getting your car + £3.7k - which imho isnt a bad deal.

Then you'd sell the saxo for £2k, & get another £700.

Which makes the eventual deal after a bit of wheeling & dealing, your car + £4.4k.

Very good.

Id do it :D

You look at saxo's in parts, not as a whole:

BMC CDA carbon - £50
raceland 4-2-1 manifold £90
supersprint centre pipe - £50
supersprint 2 inch race backbox - £70
Sparco Crimson Alloy wheels - £200
Geronimo cages 6 point, 38mm, bolt in roll cage - £200
omp corsica replica steering wheel - £50
spax psx adjustable suspension kit lowering the car 40mm - £140

Those parts will sell for £850 all day long, & standard replacements would cost £150 or so. So thats £700 profit in the mods.

A standard 2003 vtr is worth £2k all day long, they are still very much in demand to younger drivers as they are quick(ish), great to drive, cheap to mod & insure.

So if you did that car + £3k, then put it back to standard, you'd effectively be getting your car + £3.7k - which imho isnt a bad deal.

Then you'd sell the saxo for £2k, & get another £700.

Which makes the eventual deal after a bit of wheeling & dealing, your car + £4.4k.

Very good.

Id do it :D

But the way you have put it.. if in the future i wanted i could put it back to standard and make a few pennies on it

from what he is sayinf he has a box full of parts.. like the old manifold and hopefully the old airbox too

clio 182
Sounds like you have already made your mind up tbh. I personally don't thing a 182 is expensive to run, although a saxo is slightly cheaper.