ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle only estabize when cars get to full stop

Clio Sport 172
Hi all, im having some problems with my 182 clio idle.. :(

1. when i start the engine the revs goes up to 3k and then goes to its normal value (850 rpm +-)
2. when warm and driving the idle or neutral (changing gears) goes to 1600rpms
3. if there is a red light ahead and i put car in neutral the engine will stay in 1600rpms until it stops, and then he drops to 850 right away.

any clue??
thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
could be a sticky throttle body or a dirty sensor ( i know thats not saying much, there are millions of sensors) a good thourgh clean of all the plugs, n sensors does quite a bit of good... any lights on the dash?

Clio 182 trophy
My 182 is exacly the same it drives me crazy driving it when its cold, when i start mine on a very cold morning it idles at about 1700 rpm for a few seconds then drops to about 1300 which i guess is normal when cold, then if i pull away or monouver drives normal then as soon as the clutch goes down in gear or neutral the revs fluctuate, could be anything between 1500 to 2000 rpm until i come to a complete stop then ides spot on.
But strangely if i start the car and let it idle for a minute or 2 before i even touch the throttle it drive spot on from the off, ive done loads of searches and most say its an airleak somwhere, on mine i cant hear air leaking anywhere ive changed the throttle body exacly the same, ive cleaner the sensors on the inlet manifold and made sure the seals are tight so no air could escape, me personally i think it could be temperature sensor realated with it only happening when cold i could be wrong like!
Does anyone know how many temperature related sensors there is and where they are might try give them a clean or replace if needs be.
Any help much appreciated.

Clio 182 trophy
Cleaning the throttle body on mine makes no difference at all, ive even changed the body for a one that came off a sport i knew worked