ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iceburg paint defect

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
Hi wondering if someone can help me ? Wen I bought my 172 12 months ago it came with what I think is bird poo stains on the quarter panel. I thought i could get it out but I can't :( so far I've used mettalic t-cut and a polishing cloth and rubbed like mad but to no avail. I've also tried some super resin polish but that hadn't worked either. So can someone give me advice please ? It's really annoying me I can't stand imperfections.... Pics inc.

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 53
Can you feel the patch when you run your finger over it? Does it feel rough?

I would try a clay bar.

If you squint your eyes a bit it kind of looks like a horse or a swan :eek:

Looks strange, and saying you rubbed like mad with tcut it kind of looks like a strike through / youve gone through the lacquer... does it feel matt when you feel it? but i doubt that, probably needs to be corrected with the right polish, possibly by machine.

One of the detailers can probably advise you better.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would try something a bit more abrasive than SRP, maybe Scratch-X. Really depends what sort of defect it is.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
hi guys, when i rub my hand over it, it feels smooth and laquered like the rest of the paint work on the car theres no difference in feel. I think its more bird s**t stain as it has a few run marks 2. I 1st saw it wen i went to buy the car and thought i could get it out with t-cut. I might try that scratch x like suggested see what happens.

If you've "rubbed it like mad" with Tcut (which you shouldn't let anywhere near your paintwork btw) and it's made no difference, then it's under the lacquer and will need painting.

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
If you've "rubbed it like mad" with Tcut (which you shouldn't let anywhere near your paintwork btw) and it's made no difference, then it's under the lacquer and will need painting.
yeah i did notice ppl didnt rate t-cut on here but i thought id give it a try. Obviously didnt work though, I was thinking myself it has gone through the laquer and onto the paint ? I hope its not the case of a respray :(

It could be a number of things, it's possible it's been painted before and it's the result of poor prepping, without seeing it up close I couldn't say for sure. It will definitely need painting, Tcut is about as abrasive as it gets, if it isn't shifting it nothing will, especially if it feels the same as the rest of the panel and isn't just something stuck on top.