ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceburg Clio 172 Daily Driver

Well it's been a while since I joined CS so I'll put up a few details on my Phase 2 Clio 172 daily driver. It was bought privately in September 2011 for £2000 with 44k miles, FSH, new OEM exhaust and in very good condition for it's age. It had a stack of paperwork with it, good history with lots of service stamps and evidence of being well looked after. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's been on CS before so someone might recognise it or even have owned it! After I bought it had a full service and oil change, some new number plates and interior mats and I had the front ARB bushes replaced. Here's how it looked:

DSCF3781a.jpgDSCF3782a.jpgDSCF3783a.jpg

Shortly after I got it I had to fit a new radiator due to taking a stone through it on the M4. Pretty straight forward to do with the help of a mate though. Compared to my old Fiesta ST I much preferred the car, the engine, ride and handling are way better so I just got on with enjoying the car on my daily commute to work. I even got around 40mpg which was way better than the ST could ever achieve.

Fast forward to September 2012, and one year in nothing had gone wrong and I had really fallen in love with it, but it was coming up to the big cambelt, dephaser and auxbelt change. This was done at K-Tec, really pleased with their service and they were very patient with me asking loads of questions and watching the job throughout. At the same time I had the brake fluid and the backbox hangar bracket changed. I then got home and did my own full service and oil change, as well as change the two rear shocks for new OEM ones, had the wheels refurbed and had 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres fitted.

It was at this point where the upgrade bug bit a little so between Christmas and the present I've done quite a few little jobs to improve the car. It went through it's MOT with just an advisory for the front discs, so new Bembo HC discs and Brembo OEM pads have now been fitted (from G172, great service). I've also now swapped the standard wheels for silver Clio Cup Turinis which have been refurbished as well as fit Cooksport Springs. I've also swapped the standard spoiler for a Cup Spoiler and swapped the orange repeaters for clear ones. At the same time I replaced the damaged front splitter with a new one, and replaced the misted plastic rear number plate light for new too.

After a quick wash and scrub up today this is how the car now stands, having just ticked over 54k miles:

DSC_0188a.jpgDSC_0189a.jpgDSC_0190a.jpgDSC_0191a.jpgDSC_0194a.jpgDSC_0195a.jpg

There's not too much to do now, but next on the list is the removal of a couple of small car park dents and to get the steering wheel retrimmed. Overall the car's going great and I love it to bits :D

Last edited:
  RS197
Looks beaut mate :), nice work. I've got a 172 iceberg and now possibly thinking about cooksport springs. How's the ride?, could you possible pm me a few side on pics to compare to mine if its not too much hassle bud?

​Cheers