ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceburg 172 fast road/track Build (pic heavy)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
soo, after selling my MK1 clio, i moved to a Bmw E46 coupe, which was a lovely car, and could not fault it at all, still cant! (p.s its up for sale this week)! but it just wasnt me! good fun in the wet but still not as fun as a little clio to drive, so i thought it had to go, so i bought myself a little 1.2 T reg clio, phase 1, 5 door, tax and mot for £200!! Beauuttyyy! so thats my little run around for the time being..

anyway, onto the project, I bought myself a 2003 iceburg 172, i bought it as a rolling chassis in the look to rebuild it into a track/fast road car, ive only had it since last thursday so not much progress yet, I have also bought a donor car, a few of you may have seen it on ebay this week, anyway, it was perfect, had all the body work i needed and an engine! i bought the car with a gearbox problem, and only picked it up this morning so havent had time to properly investigate, but it looks like the clutch has destroyed itself and shot out the front of the box!! I shall find out and update tommorow when i drop the engine out! anyway ill let some pics do the talking!

p.s if anyone is confused, the 2003 plate is the one im building, the 51 plate is the Donor car which ill be selling all the bits off that i dont need when im done, so if anyone needs any parts let me know!!

IMAG0203-1.jpg

The Bmw E46

IMAG0411.jpg

The project! looks a state here!

IMAG0442-1-1.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

Finished stripping the back out!

IMAG0462.jpg

Roof lining gone.

IMAG0465.jpg

The donor car, pretty much standard, FSH, 2 keys, thousands of pounds in recipts!

IMAG0466.jpg

Started stripping the donor!

IMAG0469.jpg

Donor engine!

IMAG0474.jpg

Clio love <3

IMAG0482.jpg

Ignore the wheels, there temperary!

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

The bits of clutch that went through the box!

IMAG0488.jpg

Pretty sure your not meant to be able to see the clutch with the box on! hahah

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0499-1.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

Last but not least... THE DAILY !!

Thanks for reading :)